十九↬ Metal Lee goes wild

"Hey, Minato. I'm so sorry for behaving like that yesterday. I wish you hadn't seen that..." Hanae apologised as Boruto and Minato were making their way into the Academy.

Minato's cheeks were burning, unable to stare at her for too long. He glanced at Boruto who looked quite displeased at the way she was ignoring him.

"It's...It's okay. Don't worry."

Hanae said nothing more for a while as she kept contemplating him in awe until a warm smile brightened up her face.

"What about we go have a drink once the class is over?"

His face only burnt even more as he looked down.

"Erm...I dunno." He started as someone elbowed him, glancing only to see it was Boruto. "Erm, sure, why not?"

"Great! See you then!" She skipped happily towards the classroom as Minato was left with his mouth agape and eyes wide.

"Oh my...She's so into you, man. I can't believe it, 'ttebasa!"

Well, Minato couldn't believe it either... Never had it happened to him before, so of course he didn't know how he should react...

Minato made his way to the classroom without a word. 

"Hey, wait. Don't be so shy, 'ttebasa!" Boruto exclaimed as he grabbed his shoulder. "Wait. You don't feel the same way, do you?"

"I don't know! I mean I've just met her."

He didn't know what got into him, but he couldn't help it. 

He glanced at his new friend who was looking thoughtful now. 

"You know, Hanae isn't the kind of girl to be attracted by boys like a magnet. You must be very special if she offered you to have a drink with her," Minato's heart skipped a beat as Boruto elbowed him. 

They kept walking until they reached Boruto's usual place. Shikadai and Inojin were already sitting there.

Boruto looked puzzled as he took a good look their surroundings. 

"Wait... Nami isn't there...? I don't see her. She's always here early."

"Maybe she just didn't want to see you today after what happened yesterday," Inojin said plainly. 

"No. She would never miss a class just to avoid seeing me."

Minato's stomach ached as Boruto frowned. His eyes shifted to the front rank. 

"Hanae! Have you seen Nami today?"

"No. I haven't since yesterday," she replied innocently. She seemed to see how Boruto was worried so she proceeded. "But perhaps there is just something that delayed her arrival. Let's wait before getting worried."

Their Sensei arrived soon enough. 

"Good morning, class."

The class representative made them all stand up. 

"Good morning, Shino-Sensei," the class replied in unison and then they instantly sat back down. 

Minato glanced at Boruto. Although he tried to hide it, he could feel he was still being worried as Nami still wasn't there. He looked down at his desk. 

"Today, we will be staying outside to learn and practise shuriken throwing, so get ready."

Everyone sounded happy at the announcement. Boruto rushed outside and Minato followed suit, but Nami wasn't waiting there for them. Minato put a hand on his shoulder, causing him to look at him.