十五↬ Naruto, the Seventh Hokage!

Today was the day Naruto was going to become the new Hokage. Finally.

Kei had been bracing herself for that moment for long weeks. She couldn't quite believe that it was finally happening for real. She had imagined many times how it would happen, careful about every detail. 

She was finishing getting dressed for the big event. Her hair was neatly tied up in a high ponytail. Only the bangs that were too short were free. She preferred to have it this way.

She could feel her heart pounding wildly in her chest. She was wearing the traditional black and white outfit that was a must for such an important occasion.

She stared at her own reflection in the mirror and remained like that for quite a while.

It made her realise how time had flown way too fast. But she should stop always thinking about the past and old memories. Life is made to move forward, not to live in the past.

She shook her head energetically to get a grip on herself.

"Now's the time. Just be happy."

She stared into her own eyes intently. They were serious and looked almost threatening.

People knew better than making her mad, for her fury would be the end of them.

Suddenly, she attempted to smile, but it didn't look genuine. It looked forced and out of character.

Why can't I just be happy for him? She thought to herself as her smile faded.

She decided to give up as she sighed at her reflection before leaving her room and going downstairs.

"Good morning sweetheart. So, are you ready for the big day?"

Her mother greeted her warmly with that smile of hers that made all the men fluster and swoon over her, earning them murderous looks from her father. She smirked every time knowing that if they dared only to hit on her or even touch her they would be dead men. It made her heart swell with pride that her father had been the only man able to win over her mother's heart. They made such a perfect couple.

Her father looked up from the newspaper he was reading, sitting down at the kitchen table as her mother came near him. They were dressed just like her, in black and white, her mother with her Hokage haori over her black dress. She had always seen her wearing it. It was older than her yet it didn't look like time had left its mark on it.

"You look really beautiful," her mother noted causing a light blush to spread to her cheeks.

And she was sure her father noticed it.

"Huh...yeah. Thanks," she acted like she was unaffected by it, and she caught her father smiling. Even with his mask on, she could say whenever he was smiling. She couldn't remember having ever seen his face, even though she was his own daughter... (A/N: I think I've already mentioned that in one of the chapters before, but I can't even remember! So, sorry if I'm rambling!)

She remembered asking her mother once as a child about it.

"Mommy, why Daddy always hides his face?"

Her mother looked surprised by her question, but then suddenly a warm and soft smile brightened up her beautiful face.

"No need to worry, sweetie. It's only to hide his perfect and incredibly handsome face. Because if people saw it, they would be so stunned that they would never get over it, or even faint," she winked as she let out a soft giggle.

Whether she had just meant that as a joke or whether it was the truth, she could never really tell, for if her father was as stunningly beautiful as her mother, then her mother should wear one too.