四 ↬ Kei's and Minato's first meeting

One day as Kei was having a day off and thus staying home, she decided to follow her father. 

For a long while now, he had been going out, always at the same hour of the day, but every time Kei had no idea what for or where he would go. And this had been intriguing her greatly. He was so secretive about that as if he were hiding something from her and her mother. And Kei had a bad feeling about this whole thing. She was even suspecting him of cheating on her mother and seeing another woman.

So she needed to make sure this wasn't the case. 

She knew her father could very easily notice her following him, but she was his daughter. So she took the utmost precautions so she could do what she wanted to without getting caught red handed. 

After following him for a while, she watched him enter a huge wooden building not that far from the village. 

"What could he be doing in there?" she wondered aloud with a slight frown on her face. 

She decided to remain hidden from a distance until he got out. But he remained in there for quite a while. So much so that Kei ended up getting bored, but she still managed to remain focused on her mission.

 When Kakashi finally left the building, presumably to go back home, Kei made up her mind to go in there as well. Once she was before the door, she entered it without knocking just like her father had. 

The building seemed to be completely empty. Yet, Kei could sense several sources of chakra nearby; and one of them particularly caught her attention. 

It was a tremendous quantity of chakra, much more important than that of Naruto, she couldn't help but think, twice as huge to be more precise. Now she needed to discover who could possibly possess such a great quantity of chakra. So she made her way toward said person, her sensory skills guiding her, still as discreetly as possible until at some point she bumped into a young boy with black raven spiky hair and charcoal eyes. 

Her mouth fell agape and her eyes widened when she realised he was the one who possessed this tremendous quantity of chakra. 

"You..." she trailed off, flabbergasted. 

The boy blinked at her curiously, wondering who she could be. 

"Who are you?" he asked her plainly, but not aggressively or warily. 

He was just curious. 

"......"

Kei remained silent for a while, as she was scanning the boy from head to toe carefully. Her doing this was making the boy pretty ill-at-ease. 

However, Kei ended up recovering from the shock and was able to speak again. 

"I should rather be the one to ask you this question," she said to him earnestly.

"I am...Just an orphan..." Minato replied sadly and thoughtfully.

Seeing him sad made Kei feeling bad. 

"I'm sorry..." she said sadly. 

The boy made eye contact with her, staring intently into her eyes. He found the colour of her eyes beautiful. He had never seen such an eye colour before, but now he was glad he could. 

"It's okay," he eventually said after remaining silent for a few moments. "You have nothing to do with it, so you don't need to be sorry," he said softly. 

Still, Kei couldn't help feeling guilty. 

She found it so unfair that a child had to grow up without his parents; she just wished the concept of and word 'orphan' had never existed. A child should never be separated from his parents.