十七↬ The Ninja Academy

On their way there, Naruto explained that since Minato was going to live there with his mother from now on, he would have to attend the Academy and study hard to pass his exams.

The boy didn't object to that. He was too upset to have any kind of reaction.

"I'm sure you'll be able to make a lot of friends there," Naruto told him with a smile. "You'll be able to meet my son and my niece there. You'll see, they are really nice. But like most people, they can get in a bad mood easily, you know... But don't worry, I'm sure you guys will get along pretty well."

Minato simply nodded. He would see that by himself.

They soon got to the Academy and made their way toward Minato's new classroom.

Naruto knocked on the door and waited for the Sensei to say 'come in' before he opened the door. He then entered the room, Minato following close behind him.

Everyone in the class stood up when they saw the Hokage, wondering what he could be doing here. Everyone, except his son, Boruto.

"Good afternoon everyone," he greeted them. "Hello Shino, I'm sorry to interrupt your class, but there is someone I'd like to introduce to all of you."

The Sensei's eyes landed on the small boy next to his long-time friend, and he examined him carefully. He had never seen the boy before. Yet he looked strangely familiar with this hair colour and eyes.

"That's okay," he then said to the Hokage.

Naruto nodded at him.

"So I want you to meet Minato. He will be your new comrade from now on, so I hope you will all welcome him warmly."

All eyes were now focused on said boy, curious eyes. Some began whispering things, making Minato feel ill-at-ease. He had never seen so numerous children in the same room. Even at the orphanage, they were not that numerous.

"Minato, this is your new Sensei, Shino, who you will call Shino-Sensei," Naruto said, catching his attention. "And as for the students, I'll leave them to introduce themselves later once the class is over, okay?"

Minato looked back and forth between Naruto and his new Sensei before nodding at the Hokage.

"Alright. I have to go now. I'll leave you in Shino's care. I'll see you later," he said, smiling before thanking the Sensei and leaving the room.

"Welcome here, Minato," Shino said to him. "I hope you will like it here. Please, sit anywhere you want."

Minato scanned the room full of students who had sat back down by now and looked for an empty seat.

"Here, come!" Boruto exclaimed as he waved at him, showing the seat next to him with a move of his head.

The blond boy was sitting in the third row, next to two dark-haired boys, one with glasses, and one with spiky hair.

Minato contemplated him for a few seconds before he made his way toward the blond boy.

"Hey! I'm Boruto! Nice to meet you 'ttebasa!" He greeted him enthusiastically.

"You'll be able to introduce yourself after class, Boruto. For now, let's resume class. I'm going to explain what we were talking about and make a summary so you won't be lost, Minato," Shino spoke up before said boy could reply anything.

"Thank you," Minato said shyly as he bowed his head down as a sign of respect.

He didn't even have any textbooks or anything to write things down. So, this was making him embarrassed.