Embers

The group marched on the beach of Oceanside information as a door was opened and a few walkers were led out.

"Archers!", someone shouted.

Cameron, Yumiko and a few other women aimed their arrows as they all took their shots.

They continued this training until Cameron and Daryl returned to Alexandria.

Cameron knocks on the door and Rosita opens it looking sweaty as she has a towel over her shoulder and her hands look a bit red.

"Huh, That's what I looked like when I first had Danny...", Cameron says as he hugs her.

"How's Doctor Frankenstein?", Daryl asks as Euguene walks in with a notepad and the baby carrier.

"Speak of the devil...", Cameron says as he asks to hold the baby.

"She ate about a quarter of an hour earlier so I best be careful when handling her tummy....", Euguene says.

"Okay, Euguene, I understand tummy and be careful...is that what's in your notebook?", Cameron asks.

"Perhaps...", He says, putting it behind his back.

"Babies are precious...they aren't science experiments Eugene...", Cameron says as he gently cooes at the precious bundle in his arms.

She cooes up to her uncle Cameron and gently reaches up for him.

Time Skip...

Aaron and a few other Alexandria residents are on watch when suddenly a group of walkers appear.

He looks to the others and they nod.

Day 1...

Aaron cleans up his knife as he overlooks the amount of fallen walkers he's killed.

Suddenly more keep coming in...

The fifth night...

The sound of blades tearing into the skulls of various walkers can be heard as a herd is approaching the gates of Alexandria.

Cameron swiftly drives his blade into the skull of a walker as the group of survivors fight tooth and nail to kill all the walkers.

Soon enough they succeed, however a whisperer stands at the gates.

"Alpha wishes to speak to you, at the northern borders...at nightfall...", and with that, Mary leaves.

Cameron looks to Daryl and puts his hand into his.

The scene fades into a meeting in the counsel room as Margo shouts,
"I want justice for Ozzy, Alek and so many other of our friends!", Margo says.

"We should kill the whisperers!" , Alfred says.

"And as for her! I don't understand how you're letting one of them, the people that killed so many of ours! Live alongside us!", Margo says pointing at Lydia.

Cameron wraps an arm around Lydia before pulling away and stepping forward.

"Tell me then, Margo, what do you plan we do about the whisperers? Do you have a plan? Does anyone here have a plan?!"Cameron asks, shouting.
"That further proves our point, father...", Cameron says to Gabriel taking his place back next to Lydia.

"And who will cover you while you're gone?", Aaron asks.

"Rosita, Euguene...and Negan...", Cameron whispers the last part.

"Are you sure no one else can do it...?", Aaron asks.

"I know he can do it...", Cameron says as he walks away.

Time Skip...

The night summer breeze felt cool as it blew through Cameron's hair.

Carl led the way as Danny, Carol, Beth, Daryl, Mikah and a few others followed suit.

Soon they approach the dreaded border where the heads formerly laid.

"Put your weapons down...", a whisperer said.

They all do as they're told and Cameron stands next to Carol.

"Only one rule....stay where you are...", Alpha says as she steps from out of the darkness.

"That fire could have taken everything...however, when you all went to look for water, you crossed the border...the winter, you crossed the border...I've considered bloodshed...however I'm feeling generous, all I want is land...", Alpha says.

Carol scoffs and says,
"I'm not gonna stay here...not for this...bullshit!"Cameron looks at her panicked and tries to shush her.

"She's a brave one...too bad Henry wasn't as brave...", Alpha says smiling

Carol whips out her gun, Cameron's eyes widen as he quickly whips her hand up, making her shoot into the night sky.

Daryl and Michonne quickly go to help Cameron.

"I apologize alpha...we'll be leaving now...", Carl says as she nods smiling at Carol.
Time Skip...

They had settled down in an old high school gymnasium after certain sightings of whisperers by Carol. 

Cameron was in the hallway just staring at the trophies when Daryl came in.
"Remember those times we'd make out behind the bleachers?", Daryl asks smiling.

"Those were fun...but I think what we did in that tent was even more fun...", Cameron says kissing Daryl.

Suddenly there's a bang coming from where Carol was and sure enough walkers are on the ground and a rope looks to have been tied to her leg, which she cut off.

"Carol, are you okay...?", Cameron asks.

"I'm...fine...", she says as she walks away.

Cameron looks to Daryl concerned.

A/N: Hi everyone its been a while since I've updated this series! I hope to push out a few more updates in time for the Season 10 finale! Stay tuned, a lot is to come...