The Long Road(5/8) 1

Cameron and Daryl had been engaged for 3 years, their baby Danny was getting older, he was three. 
He had a bit of a speech impediment and so Cameron would make him feel comfortable.

Cameron had become a successful doctor after years of training, he moved himself, Daryl and Danny into a beautiful home in a beautiful neighborhood of Atlanta. 

He remembered the first day he met his neighbors...

Ding! Dong!

Danny was in Cameron's arms as Daryl moved forward to answer the door.

"Hello! My name is Holly...this is my husband  John, and my three kids Amber,Alex, and Peggie", the family introduces them and then an older couple shakes their hands.

"I'm Holly's mother Mary, and this is my husband Alexander", She says to the older man.

"We're the Dixons...", Daryl says.

"You mean your two brothers?", Mary asks.

"Husbands...well Fiance's...", Cameron says.

"Oh congratulations! I can tell we're going to get along just swell!", Mary exclaims.

"Why don't you folks come over for dinner? I bet you three have never had some of Mary's famous lasagna...", John says.

"I-", Cameron cuts Daryl off.

"We'd love to...", Cameron says smiling sweetly.

And that was the start to a beautiful friendship...
Cameron walked around his dressing room fanning himself worriedly as he couldn't believe what was about to happen,

"Cameron, sweetie I'm so proud of you...", Mary said like a proud mom...
That was how Mary was, she was the mother Cameron never had.

He would go to her for advice,  go to her when things got tough, even if he just needed a babysitter for a few hours, she was there for him...

"You're going to do amazing! And we'll all be there right alongside you...", Holly says as she adjusts the collar of his white tux( A/N: unless you want a dress either way works...)

"Okay...I got this...I'm ready...", Holly smiled and got ready,

She was his maid of honor/best woman since she was like his sister.

"Cameron don't forget, don't walk too fast...this isn't a race...okay?", Mary asks, hugging him.

"Okay...Mary...one more thing...will you walk me down the aisle?", Cameron asks.

"Cameron I would love to!", She says as she links his arm with hers.

The music played and Mary led the man out to his husband.

Cameron's eyes fell onto the handsome man standing at the altar.

He let out a deep breath and walked down the aisle.

Cameron looked around at the crowd of people, his friends and family...

The two empty seats where Daryl's dad and Cameron's mom would have sat were right next to Danny, he looked so adorable in his little tux as he held the box with the rings in it.

Cameron walked up to Daryl and he took his hand.
"May I?", He asks Mary.

"It would be my honor...", she says as she places Cameron's hand into his.

The rest of the ceremony was a blur until it got to the vows...

"Cameron, the moment I first laid my' eyes on you I thought you were different than everyone...you and Danny mean the world to me...I don't know what I would do without ya...before I met you, everyone used to tell me I wasn't gonna find a woman...they're only half wrong...", the crowd laughs and Cameron smiles.
"You're my everything, I'd travel across the country for you...I love you...", he says, giving a goofy grin at the end.