F o r t y - o n e

We were all currently in the car, Bianca and Pablo in the back seats and Tiago and I in the front.

I looked in the mirror and saw Bianca blushing heavily and giggling as Pablo flirted with her.

"Are you jealous?" Tiago questioned, grasping my attention.

"What?! No! It's just I've never seen my bestfriend like this before, it's sort of weird I guess. I'm not used to it. She's never had luck with boys, her ex turned out to be gay. Bianca was sad for a long time and she stayed at home all the time and didn't show up at school. It took some time but she's back to normal again." I explained to him and he listened, not interrupting once.

"Well Pablo doesn't really believe in love, he sleeps around and hasn't tried to commit to anyone yet." Tiago spoke.

"What?! Why? I swear to god if he hurts Bianca. He's a dead man." I said, giggling.

"In a way Bianca and Pablo are connected, Pablo had a girlfriend but a gang called the lions, kidnapped, tortured, abused and murdered her. Ever since, he closed him self off even to me for a while, he seems so happy and he's really broken inside. There's more to him than just what he puts out for us to see, but everyone does that. I guess he just sleeps around to forget. Forget her." Tiago told me, concentrating on the road.

"Oh my god, what was her name?" I asked him, frowning.

"That." He glanced at me, "Is something you have to ask him." He finished.

"I feel terrible for him." I looked at the mirror and saw they were too busy flirting to notice we were talking about them, "but I can't let him Bianca get hurt again." I said feeling slightly guilty.

Guilty because he had a devastating past, but I couldn't let him hurt my bestfriend. Although, he's been hurt way worse. I just really hope everything works out and no one gets hurt. Fingers crossed.

Suddenly I noticed the car had come to a stop and everyone was already getting out, so I did the same.

"Oh wow, this house is huge!" Bianca said gasping and placing a hand over her mouth.

"Yeah, like my d-" Tiago was about to finish, when I slapped him in the back of the head with full force.

"Ow!" He shouted, rubbing his hand on the back of his head.

"She's strong." He told us.

Bianca blushed, as she knew what he would say if I hadn't stopped him.

I chuckled at her. Shaking my head.

"Alright children, lets go inside." Tiago said, rushing us inside.

"Listen here Santiago, you may be older than us but you do not have the right to call us children." I said pointing my finger at him, and placing a hand on my hip. What had gotten into me? I was never this sassy.

"Yes ma'am." He said with widened eyes.

I sighed turning around, only to find both Bianca and Pablo gawking at me.

"What are you two looking at? Go stare at each other." I mumbled the last bit walking into the kitchen.

"We heard that!" They shouted at the same time.

"Congratulations, want a medal?" I answered back, grabbing cookies from inside the cupboard.

"Are you okay, babe?" Tiago said appearing from behind.

"Yeah why wouldn't I be." I replied, simply.

"Nothing you just seem, annoyed?" He said with a worried tone.

I blushed, he really did care about me.

"I'm just tired from school, but I have you so I'm better." I told him, turning around.

I stepped forward and hugged him, he did the same, wrapping his arms around me. He was taller than me so he rested his chin on my head. His amazing scent filled my nose. I feel so relaxed every time I'm around him. I might have to steal one of his hoodies.

"Not boyfriend and girlfriend, huh?" Bianca spoke, making me pull away and turn around. I found her leaning again the kitchen doorway and Pablo leaning against the door. Smirking.

"We're not!" I exclaimed, blushing.

The thought that we weren't a couple was bothering me and making me a little sad. We told each other that we love each other, and he said I'm his. Yet we're not together.

I felt the tears starting to me. God I'm such a crybaby.

I ran to my room before anyone could see me cry.

"Em!" Was all I heard from behind me before I ran up the stairs.

I ran into my room, and closed the door once I was inside.

I ran to my bed and jumped in it. Sobbing and balling my eyes out.

Why was I even crying?

I think my period is coming.