N i n e

I heard sounds of people talking which made me open my eyes slowly, revealing a brightly lit room.

I started sitting up only to have a huge headache appear, I think I hit my head.

That's when I saw him.

Tiago

Am I dreaming? why is he here? Why am I here? I asked myself.

"Hey, you're awake." He cooed at me.

"What happened?" I asked confused. He looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"You really don't know?" He questioned me. I nodded my head no.

"Em your dad died." He said with a hint of sorrow in his voice.

That's when it hit me, I remember the doctor telling me. This time I didn't cry yes I felt pain but I wouldn't allow myself to cry I need to move on.

"Are you okay?" He asked. This time I nodded yes.

"I need to call Bianca so I can stay with her for a few days before trying to find my own place or something." I told him, but he wasn't having any of it.

"No, you're staying with me." He said, I was not sure if that was a good idea I mean we just met, how could I possibly stay with him? I went to protest but he stopped me.

"I wasn't asking." When he he said that it reminded me of how he drove me home only a few hours ago.

Biting my bottom lip I agreed, telling him I need to pack clothes and other necessities.

"Okay, let's go then." He said helping me off the hospital bed and we left.

It was a few minutes later and we were at my house and I was packing my things into a suitcase. I looked over at my half empty room remembering the memories I had, but I was staring over. A new life if you will.

Tiago helped me with my suitcase and we sat in his car, he turned on the heating since the temperature had dropped and it was kind of cold outside and he drove off to his house.

While we were driving I noticed how he had interlocked our fingers together which I didn't mind, if was comforting.

Me being me I started getting tired and ended up falling asleep.