29. Family

"Some super hero, some fairy tail bliss. Just something I can turn to, somebody I can kiss.
I want something just like this"

Athena's PoV

Lady Athena,

You owe me a dance, love. You know where to find me. Meet me there tomorrow at 2 pm.

The man of your dreams;)

Hunter finished reading the letter and handed it to Jack. I didn't believe it when I first saw it but it was definitely his handwriting. Right now I was about to leave to meet him.

"Are you sure it's him?" Hunt asked again. "Yes," I say rolling my eyes.

"Are you sure you wanna go alone?"Jack asks. "Yes"

"Noah, are you gonna let her go alone?" Ray asked looking at him. I turned to look at him leaning on the wall glaring at me. When our eyes met, his face softened. "Yes," Noah said and I gave him my biggest smile.

"God everyone lost their minds" Hunt groans. "She will be fine. I know she will be fine, around him." Noah said. I ran to him and engulfed him in one of my bear hugs.

"Okay shoo. Go away" Noah said after some time. I left my house and drove to the place.
I kept checking if anyone was following me but it turns out no one was.

I reached there and started walking towards the edge. As I reached there, I frowned to see no one around. The scene in front of me was just as pretty as last time.

"Ace, you idiot, get your stupid face here right now" I shouted and heard music playing from somewhere.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned. My mouth immediately curved up into a smile. He was here and not dead. I thanked all the lords for this.

"May I have this dance lady Athena?" He asked with his palm forward. "It would be an honor Mr.Carter," I say taking his hand.

As we swayed to the music, I noticed his face has cuts and light bruises. He had a bandage on his hand and near his back.

I decided to ask him, "How long did you know about me?".

He chuckled, "Well, let's say I saw your "brothers" singing performance". I gasped, he knew all that time.

"Then I took a week off to find everything about you and your so called brother, and I finally managed to find out the truth. And I knew about your plan.Then very same night, I got a call from Angie about you little stunt." He said as we danced.

"Why didn't you try to stop us, or inform anyone?" I asked confused. "I didn't think you would be stupid enough to get caught" he said smugly and I rolled my eyes.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" I asked. "I had my reasons," He said shrugging.

"I knew you had that leader attitude, but the leader of A-line, damn girl even I didn't see that coming," He said chuckling.

"And Noah Cooper huh," He said smirking. "Sorry," I said as we danced.

"Don't worry love. He better treat you well, or else he will regret it" He says as the music fades away.

"So where is Angie?" I asked as we sat down near the edge. "She is back at our place, she misses you," He says. "I miss her too".

"I heard you guys got him. Is he dead?" Ace asked. I know he was talking about Jim.

"No, he is rotting in a cell. We were waiting for Aiden, Noah's dad to come. He wanted to have the last word with him." I say and Ace nods.

"So what will you do now?" I asked trying to change the topic. "I am dismissing the gang, then continue an old business that my mother left when she died. It was her company" Ace said playing with his fingers.