Early Mornings and A Brother Dilema

"I got a list of names and yours is in red underlined"

Athena POV

  Tringggg!

And there I turned off my 3rd alarm. I wasn't asleep. Actually, I was wide awake. I gazed at my phone. It was 4:30 in the morning. I should have started training half an hour ago, but here I was not asleep but just procrastinating! I don't understand why I even set an alarm, it's not like I will oversleep or even sleep at times.

Jackson would never let me oversleep. Jack, was my loving and irritating twin. And if not Jack, Titan would be pawing me at the break of dawn. Titan was our very loyal German Shep. Jack and I found it on our way back after finishing our deal with The Coopers. It was love at first bark for both Jack and me. His big brown eyes looked at us like we were his everything once we got him home. 

"Athenaaaaaa! you are late! " Jack yelled from the stairs. And within no time I hear my door being banged by my impatient twin.

"Coming" I yelled back and jumped from my window side onto the cold floor. It sent shivers up my body. I tiptoed across my room, put on my shoes, and left for the training.

Jack greeted me very gracefully by hitting me on my head. "Good morning to you too brother," I told him with an irritated face.

Jackson and I were almost 20 now. He is the only one who I could call family. Our father was a psycho and left Jack and me with mom when we were kids.

Mom. I try my best to not think about her. She was killed 3years ago on our birthday by one of our business rivals- The Caters. Our company's supplied arms. And they killed our mother. Jack blames himself for it. He thinks if he would have let them have the deal, then mom would be with us. I tried my best to not let him think about that incident. It only ends up with us arguing about how we could have saved her. But at the end of the day, I have always been close to Jack and would kill for him. And I know he would do the same for me.

"If you are done daydreaming, I would prefer to start training" He pushed me by my shoulders to the gym/training area. Like our normal routine, Jack went on the thread and I did my stretching.

After at least 2hrs of our normal routines, we decided to take a break since we were both out of our breaths. My black hair was drenched in sweat. I could see Jack's hair wet too. I could see how his muscles were building and how much his body has improved over the years. He is both fast and strong.

Jack and I have been training since we were 6. We first started with just normal stuff for improving our strength and speed. Then we started with the fun stuff (at least for me) that was handling guns, knives, etc. We needed training. For our safety. We never knew when there would be an attack on us or when we would face danger.

After 10 mins, "Jack, Can we start again now?" I said to my brother who was now deeply looking at his mobile.   "We will continue when I come back, got some stuff to deal with now," he said with a frown. 

"What's wrong champ? Is it those Cambell Brothers again? I told you, leave it to me. I can handle those morons" I told him confidently.

"We will continue after I am back. Hunter should be here soon. I need to go now" saying that he stood and went towards the door and left me alone with my thoughts.

What was wrong with him? I could clearly see the tension and more than that anger in his eyes.

As I was thinking about all that could happen, I heard the doorbell ring. That must be Hunter. Hunter was the best friend of Jack and I and his father took care of us and the company till Jack and I took over when we turned 18.

I ran to the door which was two floors down. Yes, two floors. I don't understand why we need a 3 story house for just the 2 of us and Laila. Laila was our caretaker and cook. She was the sweetest! I told Jackson many times about shifting to a smaller house but he refused by reminding me about Family memories and crap! Yep, Jack had his sentiments.

                                                     __________________________________

Hey Lovelies,

I hope you liked the first chapter of STRONGER. I really thought out the character and took inspiration from a few people I personally know. Flood the comment section with your thoughts.

And don't forget to click the star and vote.

Thank you.

-xoxo,Lumos.
The above song is "Look what you made me do" by our queeeennnn- Taylor Swift❤️
———
We reached 1K reads a few days ago and I'm so happy!!!! Thank you all for reading and joining our sweet little journey! You all are amazing!!!❤️🥺
Thank you AnveshikaSingh0 for adding Stronger to your library. Hope you enjoy it!

 Hope you enjoy it!