17 A Fear of Needles and What was that?

"You're the engine that makes all things go, you're always in disguise, my hero"

Athena's PoV

The next morning came earlier than expected. I tried getting some sleep at night but failed to do so. Noah, on the other hand, slept like a baby. But then again I saw him twitching and mumbling in his sleep at times.

I looked at the clock and it was 6 in the morning. I woke up and decided to go out of the room and have a walk around. As I walked through the hall, I noticed that there were a few new people now.

Many were already awake. I went around the corner and saw Angie outside her room. She had her coffee in one hand and her phone in another and she was busy typing on it.

I saw how she conducted herself. She couldn't be very old, 23 maybe. She had some authority around here and it shows. People fear her here. If I hadn't known better, I would be sure that there were similarities between her and Jim Carter.

She saw me and raised an eyebrow. Before she could ask anything, I told her I was just walking around. "Zoey, keep the walking to this floor and the canteen. You wouldn't know when you will find yourself in the wrong place, at the wrong time over here" She said and went into her room.

I decided to walk to the canteen to have breakfast. I went there and looked around, and found Ray waving at me from the corner, with a sandwich in his hand. I took one for myself and headed over to him.

"Good morning" He greeted with a wide smile. "Why so happy in the morning huh?" I asked him after greeting him. "Well, there's no reason to be unhappy, and also it feels good to smile," He said as we sat down on one of the many tables present there.

"Where's your brother?" He asked and for a second  I forgot about it. "Oh, he's sleeping." I shrugged. "You got any siblings?" I asked, out of curiosity.

"No. But I have two super cool cousins. I haven't met them in a while though," He said, the end part in a low voice.  I just made an 'Oh' face and continued eating.

As I spoke to Ray, I kept thinking the same thing- I know him from somewhere. I know someone who speaks like him. And looks like him I guess. But I got to figure out who.

Ray told me that we will be having the marking together so he will wait for us hereafter  2hours. I agreed and went back to my room to Noah.

I walked in and saw him sitting on the corner of the bed, sweat dripping and his hair messed up. Shit! "Noah, are you okay?" I asked, he looked up and I gasped. He looked mad, no, he looked furious.

"Where in the world were you?" He growled. "I went to have breakfast," I said, picking my words carefully.

"How long would it have taken to wake me up?" He asked. "Look, you were in deep sleep, and I didn't want to disturb you. So I went out and ate. Besides, Ray was there to give me company" I said trying to calm him down. Maybe mentioning Ray wasn't a very good decision. 

I saw him stand and leap towards me. Suddenly he caught my wrist and pull me towards him. "You do not go out of my sight. Got it?" he said. I hissed in pain because it was the same hand that was electrocuted yesterday and it was still sore.

Immediately I saw his eyes soften. He left my hand and looked away. He looked guilty. I tried stepping towards him to tell it's okay but he stepped back. He looked horrified and I had no idea why.

Then he looked at me and a sorry expression was on his face. With saying anything he left the room. I sat on my bed trying to take in everything that just happened. Normally if anyone caught my hand like that, they would regret it immediately. But Noah seemed so angry and more than that worried, I couldn't move my hand.