25 Crying and Hunches

Noah's POV

I look down at this beautiful crying mess in my arms and just can't stop from wondering what took me so long to say all that. Why was I being such a douche?
Wait! I didn't tell her something!

I pull away and cup her face in my hands and make her look at me. Her nose was red because of the crying and my shirt is almost drenched right now.
Her eyes were glistening with tears and I felt so bad when I saw her crying back there and knowing I was the reason made it worse.

"If all that singing and lecturing didn't make it obvious, the thing I'm trying to say is that I have truly, insanely, deeply fallen in love with you! I know this situation isn't the best to admit this but I just need to tell you now. and also we have known each other for 3 months probably but I know it's not just a crush. You make me happy, you make me feel things again, you make me want to be a better person." I say in one go. I pause to see if she will say something thing, but she just kept staring at me with those pretty eyes which again had tears in them.

"I want you by my side, and Noah Knight doesn't take no as an answer. So will you be my girlfriend because I am so in love with you" I finish and wait for her to say something.

"This is the part where you say you love me too," I say.

"Oh shut up and come here," she said and pulled me towards her, placing her lips on mine. I felt like I was finally home. I kissed her back showing how much I loved her.

"I love you sugar" I mumbled. 
"I love you more Knight," she says hugging me tightly.

We stood there in each other's arms and all the stress and tension just left my body.

"Sugar, we gotta go back up you know. We didn't eat yet and Ray must be waiting" I said. The party or whatever was still going on and everyone was still there.

I honestly don't give a crap about that event, but we had to eat something.

"I don't wanna go back up" she mumbled into my chest. "Me neither, but we gotta feed my little monster so that she can be her crazy self," I say chuckling.

"Noah," she says after a few moments of silence. "Yeah" I say. "Partially you were right about Ace. I did become soft to him you know. He isn't like his father. He is good people" she said lowly.

I know that already. Ace wasn't like Jim. Ace didn't want to be like Jim. But right now I couldn't do anything about it.

"I know baby. I know" I say. "And I was gonna clear things up with him tonight. That I am not interested" she said. Oh... I didn't know that.

"Hmm" I hummed back. I am aware of the mission for which we came here, but after looking around a few files here, I realized that Ace does not decide anything yet. Jim Carter runs all the bad works and Ace handles the narcotics and arms. I was surprised, to say the least.

"Come one, let's go back up" I said and we went back to the hall.

On our way back, we saw Ace walking up the stairs.

"Ace" Athena called out and he turned around. He didn't have his suit jacket on and his hair was not in place. As much as I noticed, he cleans up really well.