6. Anger and Fights

"Mama I'm in love with a criminal, and this kind of love isn't rational, it's physical"

Athena's PoV

"Jack, I am not going to tolerate him ordering us like that!" I seethed at my brother.

"Who does he think he is?" I was so angry about what Noah did at the meeting. He cannot go ordering me as though I work under him.

"I am going to talk to him" I rush out the door before Hunt and Jack could stop me.

I asked around the office to find out where he went. Turns out he was at the Cafeteria, eating. I rush there as fast as I can. The cafeteria was full of our men. I looked around and spotted him, drinking his coffee. Only if his mindset was as good as his looks.

"What is your problem?" I say as I reach him. "So, you followed me here," he says without even looking at me.

"Excuse me, if you have forgotten, we run this place, so I can be where ever I wish to be," I say annoyed. "Why are you here?" he asks finally looking at me.

"I will be there for monitoring" I deadpanned. "I thought I made myself clear back their lady Athena." He says sipping his latte. "You cannot order around here Mr.Knight. At least not me. I decide for myself." I say challenging him.

"Lady Athena, We just don't wish to risk your life out there." He says concern filled in his eyes. "Mr.Knight, you are not even aware of what I am capable of. How can you decide, without even knowing me?" I say increasing my tone.

"Fight me," he said. What? "Excuse me?" I said, now confused. "Fight me Lady Athena, And then we can decide if you can join us," he says with a smirk. "Fine. Practice room, An hour from now," I say accepting. I can fight him and show him not to mess with me.

"'Thena, are you sure you want to do this?" Jack asked me for the 3rd time in the past 15 mins. "Jack, I will be fine. You all know what I can do but Knight needs to know too," I say getting ready for the fight. I don't know what to expect from him. Surely he is strong. This is going to be fun.

As I reached the practice room, I grew more and more anxious. No one has challenged me this way before. As I open the door, I expected Knight's men to be there, but on the contrary, no one was there except Eva and Noah.

"Beat his ass up girl!" Eva said pulling me into a hug. "I sure will," I say hugging back. I see Noah stretching on the mat. "So, how do you want to do this?" I ask him. "Well, we fight fair. No use of weapons, brass knuckles, or any of that. And first to stay on the ground for 10 secs loses." he says, getting in his fighting position.

I felt a hard blow in my stomach. Seriously, he went for the stomach again. We have been fighting for 15mins now and neither of us is ready to give up. I pulled him by his neck and punch his jaw.

He suddenly leans forward "Kick in the calf muscle in 5secs and knockdown on the shoulder, sugar" I froze for a second. What is he doing? Why was he helping me beat him? and sugar? I was getting tired now, so I did as he said, kick and knockdown.

And yay, it worked. He was down on his back, panting. For a second I heard his grunt in pain. Now I felt bad doing it. immediately he had a smirk on his face.

"Woahh, that was so cool!" I heard Eva yell. I was still confused about why he helped me. but I decided to ask him some other time.

"You can monitor with us Lady Athena," Noah said, getting up. "I'm aware of that Mr.Knight," I said, my mind still confused about what happened.

As I walked to my cabin, to my surprise all the Knight men greeted me too. The same way the greeted Noah. What just happened?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hey lovelies,

I've always thought the enmities to lovers trope is the best and somehow went into that category, though technically these two aren't enemies. They just aren't getting started on the right foot. (This is one of the weirdest sayings).
They do have something on. This will be interesting as they butt heads with each other on everything.

Vote and comment and lemme know what you're thinking? Do you like Noah? Athena? Eva?? Love em? Hate em? Meh???