19 Chicken Nuggets and Facades

"You're insecure, don't know what for, you're turning heads as you walk through the do..o..oor"

Athena's POV

The man Ace sent took me up the garage. I looked around and saw cars of the topmost ends. There were Ferrari's, Lambo's, Aston Martin, And Telsa. I gaped around like a kid in a candy store.

"Like what you see love?" I heard Ace, behind us. I turned around and saw him coming towards us. He was wearing a black shirt and jeans with sneakers.

I just nodded in response and turned around again. The man who bought me down was nowhere to be seen now.

"So in which one would you like to go?" Ace asked, now standing beside me. I just shrugged and that made him chuckle.

"What's so funny?" I asked. "Zoey, yesterday you wouldn't shut up about what a terrible person I was, and now you are being so quiet," he said as he took us to the Aston Martin.

He came to the passenger side and opened the door for me and ran back to his side as I got in.

"You excited love?" he asked starting the car. "You can't imagine," I said sarcastically. He just chuckled and started the drive.

The ride was quiet but the silence wasn't awkward. Ace had good taste in music, and he began humming to the songs playing.

I still had no idea where we were going, but I knew we weren't going towards the city. I looked out the window and saw woods a few miles from us.

"Are you going to take me in the woods and kill me?" I asked Ace and he let out a laugh. "Trust me, love, If I wanted you dead, you would be gone long ago," He said and I just looked at him confused.

"And killing you is probably the last thing I wanna do right now," He said. I began to notice that he had an accent. Some European accent. English or Scottish maybe. I had no idea, but it was pleasant to the ear.

"So tell me more about yourself," Ace said. "What do you wanna know?" I asked.

"Your parents?" he asked and I began thinking. "I was an orphan for almost all my life. They died in an accident and left my brother to take care of me," I said and he listened attentively.

"What about you?" I asked looking at him. A flash of sadness appeared in his eyes. "You have met my father already, Jim Carter. And my mum was...umm.. killed in a gang war when I was young," he said.

"Her name was Zoey too," he added. I knew all this. But I had to pretend, and a part of me felt bad for doing it.

Ace bought the car to a holt at the opening of the woods. He left the car and came to my side and opened the door.

"You don't have to keep opening doors for me, I am perfectly capable of doing that on my own," I told ace as I got out of the car.

"I know you are, but I don't usually get an opportunity to be a gentleman, so I am making the most out of it," he said.

He began walking towards the woods and I followed him. After walking for 5mins, we came to the edge of a cliff. And damn the sight was awesome!

There was a river flowing below us and tree on the other side too. It was just beautiful.

"Whenever things get rough or hectic at work, I come up here to chill. It's kinda fun actually. And the water down there is super clean. So I swim at times" he said and I just nodded looking around that the scenery.

"Come one, sit down," he said patting beside him. I didn't realize he sat down till now. I sat down beside him ensuring there was enough space between us.