8 Truth and fun

"She used to meet me on the east side in the city were the sun don't set"

Athena's PoV

We were going to monitor their movements, from an apartment nearby. It's funny how their warehouse and stock are on the outskirts of the city, but their main office is in the middle of the city. All the bad things are hidden in crowds. What's better than hiding in plain sight right. So, we did that too. We hid in plain sight too.

Throughout the remaining ride, Noah and I had small conversations about the business, guns, etc. We reached our apartment. It had 3 rooms, one for Noah, one for me, and Jack and Hunt will be sharing, a cozy living area and a balcony for us to see any movement. We had set up secret cameras on the street, which were connected to our screens. This is where we will be for the next few weeks, and I liked the place.

"Pizza for dinner?" I hear Hunt knock on my door. "We have had pizza for 4 days this week. Please, can we get something else?" I say opening the door.

Yes, it has been a week here. There hasn't been any movement around here. "Chinese?" Jack asks from the couch. "Yes! will have orange chicken and low mein" I say excitedly. Its been forever since I ate Chinese.

"Okay, so who's coming with me?" Hunt asks picking up his jacket. "Athena go with him, cause Noah, and I have some work," Jack says. I see Noah coming out of his room.

We haven't spoken much with each other since our convo in the car a week ago. He is always busy working, and it is kind of creepy who rarely he sleeps. "Okay, Wait up. I'll get my jacket," I say going in my room.

——————-

"Hunter! Your turn! Who do you like more, Athena or me?" Jack asked him. We were playing truth or truth, cause we can't put any dares right now. Noah wasn't playing because he is being a grumpy cat.

"Of course I like you more man! How can I like her, who ate my share of orange chicken too?" He said looking at me and we all burst out laughing. "Shut up Hunt. I mean the world to you" I said teasing him.

"Well, princess no one who eats my food means anything to me," he says wiping a fake tear.

Looking around I realized that after so long we were all like this. Sitting together, sipping beer, eating, and just having fun. Both of them work so hard, and they need a break once in a while.

Soon Noah came out of his room to get water. I saw this as an opportunity to drag him to the game. I went behind him and tried pulling him to the couch. Tried is the keyword here. With 2-3 beers down, I wasn't having my usual strength.

"What do you think you are doing?" He says confused. "I am trying to pull you to the couch, so you can join us," I say, giving him my widest smile.

"Haven't I told you that I don't play games?" he says walking back towards his room. I run up to him and stop him.

"Okay, I know that you are all mighty and feared, but just take a break for christ's sake. You have been working your ass up since the past week and everyone needs a break. So please" I give him my best puppy eye look.

  "okay fine, but I will leave soon" he chuckles and follows me. He chuckled. Wow.

"Look who decided to honor us with his presence, the one, and only Noah!" Hunt shouted as we sat. "So you came just now, so it's your turn. Any specific interest in the ladies?" Hunt asked in a slurry voice, he is definitely tipsy by now. I look at Noah and see him in deep thought.

"Come on man, it can't be that many that you have to think so much," I say laughing. "No, no. Nothing like that." He chuckles again, it's cute.

"As much as I remember, I was always with the guys, training myself to become their boss someday. I never really concentrated on the women phase of my life." He says drinking his beer.

"But I may have some people in mind though," he says smirking at me. Thank god no one saw that. That was weird.

We continued playing for a while. It turns out Noah had a pet hamster when he was young. He has a degree in Business, and Human Psychology. Hunter and Jack are really impressed by him. It was fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Lovelies,

Okay something is happening. Something is happening. Can you feel it?

 Please leave a comment and don't forget to click the star and vote

Thank you. -xoxo,Lumos.

The song above is "Eastside" by Benny Blanco, Halsey, and Khalid