12. Tequila and Rage

"I'm selfish, I know, but I don't ever want to see you with him.
I'm selfish, I know, I told you but I know you never listen"

Athena's PoV

The next day I woke up and saw the time. Shit! I slept in. I never sleep in and that too on such an important day. If Jack or Hunt were here, they would eat my head off. I look around and see Noah's room still closed. Did he wake up yet?

I knocked on his door. "Looks like you decided to wake up at last," he taunts. "Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked annoyed. "Why would I?" he shrugged.

Yeah Athena, why would he, you idiot! Then he did something which left me in shock. He shut the door. On my face! No one dares shut doors on my face. And here I thought we would be friends! So much for opening up.

The whole day I spent on the couch, preparing myself for the night. It was almost  6 and we should get going by 7. So I should start getting ready. Noah hadn't come out of his room yet, so I literally banged at his door.

"What gotten into your pants today, stop banging the door" he yelled from inside. "Noah, come out now, I need to get ready" I yell. "So get ready, who is stopping you out there?" he asks back.  Was he serious? He wants me to change in the living room? That prick!

"Noah, I need room to change, cause I have self-respect. I just don't change anywhere!" I shout. He finally opens there and annoyance was evident on his face.

  "Make it fast, We will leave-in 45mins," He says. I push him aside and shut the door on his face.

I was to wear a black dress, which is too short for my liking, and backless, but I have to deal with it. I wore the dress and looked in the mirror. Okay, as much as I hated the dress, I looked good. I did my hair and applied a little makeup. I wore my heels and looked one last time in the mirror. I looked like all the perverts dream. The night was gonna be a long one.

Noah's POV

I changed into a white shirt and black pants. I was to blend into the crowd, so I went simple. I was now waiting for Athena to finish.

Last night, when she said that she saw me having a nightmare, I froze. I didn't want her to know about it. I get nightmares from all the killing I did. All the people who died in my hands haunt me. And I don't want anyone to know that. I think my father knows it but he doesn't say anything and I'd like to keep it that way.

"We need to leave today you know"  I shout. I know we have time, but I like seeing her irritated face. She looks cute.
No! I can't think about all such things.

But something about her just makes me wish that I was more normal. Like her friend Hunter. She is so close to him. I sometimes wish that she could become like that with me too.

Before I met her, Eva had already filled me up on how 'awesome' she is. But Eva says that about all her friends, so I didn't take it seriously. But when I met her, I knew what Eva was talking about. She walks around like she is the queen. When she confronted me to let her monitor, I knew she wouldn't take no for an answer. And damn does she know how to fight! But she isn't cold, she is warm. She is happy and positive. Just the opposite of me.

I was bought out of my thoughts by the sound of Athena opening the door. If I didn't have great self-control, my jaw would have dropped on the floor. Normally she roams around wearing clothes like a child with sometimes literal cartoons on it. But right now, she took my breath away.

I got up and got the keys. "You look good," she said with her typical wide smile. I nod and walk to the door. "Okay, I put so much effort into getting ready, I could at least hope for a small compliment right,"  she says in a low voice. I turn around surprised. She wanted me to compliment her?