Lizabeth showed off a mischievous smirk but pretended to continue sewing the small towel in her lap.

"Or stolen" I grumbled beneath a whisper, looking at Lizabeth as she stared to the floor.

I lifted my head so I could meet his eyes. "I will tell the guards to fetch more clothes for you Donatello."

"Thank you empress. I am truly indebted to you" he smirked, nodding once more before leaving to retreat to his side.

Once he left, I turn to hit Lizabeth on her arm. "You mischievous devil!" I giggled.

"What!" she beamed, pulling out his clothes from a spot hidden beneath my chest draw. "You need to see what you are missing Calla"

I giggled softly as I saw the pile. It was no surprise that Donatello had caught my eye. He was well mannered, educated, and artistic but I would never let him know this.

It was no use getting attached to someone who would be so quick to send away.

He would be here for a week? Maybe two. I had no interest in taking him as a lover.

——

PARTIALLY NUDE GIF USED AHEAD! Turn your brightness down! Or tilt your phones 👀

Probably like 3 days later?

The morning came and I wake at the crack of dawn, running to the lake that caressed the edge of the palace. I always came here to think and clear my mind.

Oslo had made a small grave in memorandum of Paxton. It was a small tombstone that rested against our favorite tree near the cliff. It has been 1 month since Leo shot him and how I missed him so!

The chilly winds violently caressed the nape of my exposed skin. Although my dress was warm, it was very thin but despite this, the clearness if the lake was tempting me.

Maybe I could do a quick swim to wake myself? It wouldn't be so bad once I grew accustomed to the temperature. Paxton always jumped into the sea when we took our walks along the shore; I would do it in memory of him.

Just as I sat on the rocks to peel off my shoes I see bubbles forming at the surface.

Whatever could that be?
Maybe a small turtle or a beached seal! I had never seen one in person.
Or maybe it could be a mermaid?

I walk down the steep slope, curious to observe the waters. Just before I reached the coastline, Donatello's head shot up from the surface.

He pulled his body from the waters, letting every inch of himself in my direct line of vision.