Chapter 15: The Day It Rains Hamburgers

Start from the beginning

Shelly along with her citrus group were busy tormenting someone. I try to look closely and see that it's Jenny, my lab partner from my Chemistry class.

"So you think that you are smarter than us?" Shelly sneered, kicking Jenny's shin. She stumbled, her books falling everywhere.

"N-No. I-I a-am s-s-sorry," Jenny stuttered and I spotted Candy standing there with an expression that says that he'd rather be anywhere but here.

"Yeah that's right. Say it once more," Jester taunted.

Jenny rubbed her eyes, wiping away her tears and repeated her apology.

Everyone laughed as Kent kicked her books away while Shelly grabbed Jenny by her pony tail, pulling her up. I winced at the sight.

"Now listen to me very carefully. If I see you near Vince or any popular for that matter, your punishment will be a lot more humiliating and painful. Am I clear?" She threatened.

Jenny nodded vigorously, while tears streamed down her face.

"Good," Shelly said, pushing Jenny on the floor, hard and splashed, what looked like some sort of juice on Jenny's hair.

"Now Aary(Aaron) baby, please do the ending part. We'll be in the cafeteria," She spoke, squeezing Candy's biceps in which was meant to be a seductive manner.

He nodded as the whole of the Citrus group strutted away.

As soon as they were out of sight, he crouched down to Jenny, who cowered away from him.

"Hey, hey. I am not going to do anything," He tried to reach out, but she kept flinching as she sobbed with the juice dripping down her face.

Not being able to see her like this anymore, I went towards her. She didn't deserve this at all. She was such a sweet and a nice girl.

I crouched down beside a helpless Aaron and pulled her into a hug. At first she flinched, but then she relaxed and sobbed into my top. I hugged her tightly as she kept crying into my top. My heart clenched at the way she was crying.

My top was wet and sticky by now but I didn't care. The Citrus group were ruthless bastards and they needed to be pushed off the pedestal they carried themselves on. I just hope they get a lesson before the end of our senior year.

After a few minutes, when she calmed down, I pulled away.

"Better?" I asked.

She nodded, wiping away her tears. "T-Thanks."

"No problem," I assured her, smiling.

She was about to say something when her eyes flicked over to Aaron, who hadn't left. Before she started cowering again, I swiftly held Candy's ear, tugging it slightly.

"Ow, ow, ow," he started whining as I pulled harder.

"Did this monkey do anything to you?" I asked Jenny, while I kept pulling his ear.

It took her a while to answer since she was finding it hard to believe what was going on.

"Uh-yea-I mean n-no. He didn't do a-anything," she said as she watched me pull his ear.

"Good," I said leaving him.

"What was that for?," Candy huffed, rubbing his now red ear.

"Nothing. I was just making sure," I said pinching his cheeks.

"You could have done that before pulling my ear," he said still rubbing his ear.

Before I could reply, I heard someone clear her thraot. I looked to see an amused Jenny observing us.