Chapter 32 - Straying Away

W.A.Y.S.  x  Jhene Aiko

At forty-four minutes to four

An angel walked up to my door.

Opened the windows to my soul

Told me he that I should that there's no slowing down

As the globe spins 'round and 'round

You gotta keep going.

____________________________________________________________________________

*

*

*

"Baby I'm sorry." I said against his neck. We just finished our shower and we were cuddling in his bed. I was on top of him with my legs around him. My arms were around his neck aand my face was in his neck. He wrapped his arms around me.

He sighed. "Me too." I lifted my head and looked at him confused. He sat up so I was now straddle on his lap and he slid us back to he could lean back on the headboard.

"We have to break up." He said looking me in the eyes. My heart dropped. I thought we made up.

"W-what?" I said looking at him. He looked down and took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry but I just can't see us moving forward." He said wrapping his arms around me for comfort. I shook my head with tears threatening to spill over my eyes.

I fucked up. I fucked up. I can't believe I messed it up. I always got cheated on, but I never imagined it would be me who cheats. Me. I did this. I caused all of this. If I hadn't kissed him back, I would still have August and wouldn't Micheal's crazy ass trying to get back with me. By kissing Micheal back, I somehow put in his mind that there was hope and now he won't leave me alone. When I kissed him back, it lead to countless times of me cheating, physically and mentally. And that caused August to break up with me. I lost him over some shit that could have been avoided.

I fucked up.

I wiped a few tears that shed on my face. "Okay." I sniffed. I got off his lap and went over my his closet door to get my shoes. "I'm sorry I wasted your time." I mumbled untying the laces then put on my left shoe.

"I never said that na. You didn't waste my time I-" I stopped him by shaking my head. I didn't need no sob story. He broke up with me and that's all that is.

"You want me to-"

"No I'm fine." I said wiping my watery eyes before another tear could drop. "I'll uh see you around. " I sniffed turning around to walk out his room door. He followed my to his front door where I retrieve my jacket on the coat racket. I turned to him and he opened his arms. I walked into them and he hugged me long and tight. I did the same knowing it would probably be the last time I get to hug him like this. I would be lying if I said I wasn't gonna miss him.

I leaned up and gave him a long kiss on the lips and another hug. "I'm sorry." I said into his neck again then I pulled away from the hug. I took of the heart diamond encrusted necklace and placed it into his hands.  "Goodbye." I sighed leaving out the door and getting into my car. All I keep thinking is, I fucked up. I fucked up so bad.

"Fuck!" I yelled as I rode on the highway. I wasn't going home yet. I was going somewhere I should've been all my life. To my mom.

***

"Aww. Baby its okay. Just take sometime to yourself to think about all of this. I understand baby, I do. Heartbreak is a terrible thing." she said hold me as we layed on her couch. I just finished telling her all about Micheal and I's relationship and August and I's relationship.

"You think I don't have my share of heartbreak? Let me see, there was the mama's boy Daniel, the abuser Jacob, the pyscho Devin, and your Dad, Kaden. "

"What did my dad do? "

"Cheated. Multiple times honey. That boy won't settle down for nothing."

"If you knew that then why did you keep taking him back."

She look at me and smiled at me. "Because I was in love. I loved him to death." She sighed. "Everytime I was with him I felt like was on cloud 9. I think I loved him a little too much though. When you love someone too much it hurts like hell. "

"You right about that."

"When I was growing up I watched my mom and dad do the same. They would go back and forth, together one day apart the next. It was all I knew... Anyway when we had you and everything got worse with us. Its not that you were in the wrong. We were just scared little teenagers. I did what was going to be best for you and it look like I made the right decision." she played with my hair. "I'm sorry I gave you up." She said. Her face expressed that she was truly sorry.

"Its okay. I understand. You made a hard decision and it was what was best for me. You're still my mommy and I still love you." I said. She smiled and wrapped her arm around me again. It didn't feel weird she felt like a best friend that I can tell all my secrets too and that's all I need right now. My mommy / best friend.

I know people say that parents shouldn't be your friend but there is a line between the two. I know when she's in mommy mode and then friend mode. I wouldn't talk to her like I do my friends, but I can talk with her like she is.

"Wassup Joanna, hey baby girl." My dad said coming in the door. "What's all of this? Girl time?" He laughed sitting a pizza box on the table.

"It was. " Ma said rolling her eyes playfully. I laughed. Ma opened the box and got a slice of pizza, it was supreme. I picked all the black olives, onions, and sausage off. I hate sausage on my pizza, and I don't eat onions or olives. I looked over at my dad and seen him do the same.

"You don't like that either? " He looked up at me and my pizza.

"Nope. I only got supreme pizza because yo momma like it."

"Aww. you were thinking about her. "

"Blah blah blah." He said waving me off. I laughed.

*

*

*

-SCENE-

Can I Hit It In The Morning? *J Cole Voice*
This Another One! *Dj Kale's Voice*
Started From Tha Bottom Now We Here! *Drake Voice*
I am Alice, I'm in Wonderland*Jhene Aiko Voice*
Waaaaaapp! *Wale Voice*
Hold That Cup Like Alcohol *Beyonce Voice*
Raw &&' Truuueeeee *Kehlani Voice*
Let It Soak Innnn, Like Seasoninnn *Nicki Minaj Voice*
Shit Is Getting Heavy *August Alsina (MyBabyDaddy) Voice*
Raise Every Bottle &&' Cup In The Sky *Chris Brown Voice*

• TheeHuggableThug •