Chapter 23 - Things To Do

(( Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe - Kendrick Lamar ))

I am a sinner

Who's probably gonna sin again

Lord forgive me

Lord forgive me

For things I don't understand

Sometimes I need to be alone

*
*
*

"What? Noo. You guys are playing right? " I looked around at them. "Right? " I could feel the tears in my eyes and a lump growing in my throught. Damien looked down at his feet. "Damien did you know? "

He didn't reply. "Papa. " I looked at my grandfather.

"Anyssa honey, I'm so so sorry. " He got up and attempted to hug me. I quickly stepped back.

"I got to go. " I said walking to the door.

"Anyssa wait. " I heard Damien foot steps.

"Just leave me alone. " I said as tears streamed down my face. I slammed the front door and just stood there. I looked around and nothing looked the same. I saw other grandparenrs playing outside with their grandchildren. They looked happy. They had a family. My whole life was a lie. My family is not even my family. I looked at my arms and then my hands. I feel so different.

I walked off the porch and started to jog around the corner. As I began to think more about what just happend, my pace got faster. I ran until I came to this big gate. It had "Adventure Land" in shining lights. Another sign said that the admission was $8. I checked my back pocket and found two ten dollor bills. I walked into the gate and around the parked cars. I whiped my face because I was still crying a little. After I paid admission I walked in and seen many people. I didn't came to play games or anything. I just wanted to be surrounded by people.

I just walked around with my head down until I seen a furry looking hand. Looking up a little I seen a small monkey. It did a small wave at me while smiling. I laughed a little.

"Watcha doing here, buddy?" I said shakig its hand. It reached up for me to pick it up and I did.

"Hello. I think you found Steven. " I guy said as he came up to me and the monkey. He was an older man and he was dressed in an white and red striped suit.

"Steven. You got to stop wondering off. " The man said to the monkey who's name is Steven I'm guessing. The man spoke with a heavy Itailan accent.

"Where are my manners? My name is Guistovvo. Ameel Guistovvo. " He said.

"Well hello Ameel." I politely smiled. Steven played in my hair.

"Would you mind holding him for a minute. Please? "

"Sure. He's having fun anyway. " I said looking at Steven who smiled at my then waved again. I giggled at him as the strange man wondered off.

Steven was as small as a toddler and as light as a newborn. He had dark brown color to him until you got to the very top of his head. Then, it turned into a light brown color. He was too cute. We even took some selfies. We did duck lips, pouty faces and just regular smiling pictures. Steven really made me laugh and forget about everything that was going on.

It was about eleven o' clock and everyone was almost gone. I started looking for the man in the stripped suit.

"Excuse me. Have you seen an Italian man in a stripped suit? " I said to one of the workers that was cleaning up. He shook his head no and got back to work. I look all around the amusement park. I couldn't find him anywhere. I know I wasn't going crazy.

"Well Steven looks like you leaving with me." I sighed as I looked around. After leaving the amusement park, I called Damien. He was happy to hear from me because they haven't heard from me since earlier. He came quickly and got out looking at Steven.

"Tf?"

"Long story. I found him and he belonged to this man. He told me to hold him for a minute but then he never came back. I looked for him for a long time but he just disappeared."

"Uh, okay." He said but it sounded like a question.

"Yeah. Lets just go." I said. I put Steven in the backseat then strapped him in a seatbelt. I don't know anything about monkey car safety so I think I'ma just get him a car seat.

"So Anyssa. You okay? I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I just... I didn't know ho-"

"How long did you know?" I said turning towards him. We were in the car now going to his apartment.

He got silent. "How long?"

"Couple of years." He mumbled.

"Exactly." I said crossing my arms. Family huh? I can't believe I spent all of my life thinking that this was my family. I thought I was Italian and African-American.

I have another family, another heritage, another life. I was adopted? I can't believe that someone actually put me up for adoption.

"Anyssa I'm sorry." Damien spoke looking over at me. He parked the car and looked over at me.

"Yeah, me too." I said getting out and getting Steven who had fell asleep. He was the cutest thing ever. Who wouldn't thought that I would have a monkey?

I heard Damien sigh as we walked into the apartment. I made Steven a pallet on the floor with a bunch of blankets and soft pillows. I took him to the bathroom. He knows how to use one. I am so grateful for that. I don't wanna clean up monkey poop.

After all that I made him a fruit salad with green apples, bananas, and red grapes. I put him back to sleep, took a shower then went to sleep myself. I had one thing on my mind: My birthparents.

*
*
*
-SCENE- Haaaay :) Please Kik me.

Kik @PertriceS.
Instaa @Babe.__1
Twitter @Raaawwwwrrr
Wattpad @TheeHuggableThug