Chapter 19: Six Years Later

Six years later, I laid on the couch with newborn Aydan in my arms. The sound of shrill laughter bounced off of the walls.

"N-Nevaeh!" Channing, our three year old son squeaked, chasing his older sister, "Slow down!"

"That's cheating! You don't cheat at ta-aag!" the four year old teased.

"Kids," Niall spoke, giving them a look. He grins soon. "Both of you play nice." He craddled little Aydan's twin sister, Scari. It was short for Scarletta Aribella. I smile at my husband before looking at my darling baby. He had his father's eyes just as Scari and Channing.

God, Channing was a little Niall. Looked, walked, talked, and acted like him. Even had his appetite. Nevaeh was a spitting image of me except for the dimple in her left cheek, just like her father's and the shape of her eyes and eyebrow arch whereas the twins were the perfect combination between Niall and I.

Niall made eye contact with me for a moment, smiling a blinding toothy grin. "I love you," he cooed, winking. I blush and giggle.

I always told him I was only going to have three kids while he wanted five. I suppose he got lucky when we found out I was having twins. I remember the way his eyes lit up like a Christmas tree, while I however was freaking out, thinking that two full grown babies would be shooting out of me at the same time.

Nonetheless, Niall turned out to be the best father and husband anyone could ask for. He always put his children and I before himself. Even at the dinner table.

He took four long strides over to me, pecking my forehead before sitting beside me. He glanced down at the one month old newborn in my arms who just recently was breast feed.

"How's my little prince doing?" he asked, rubbing Aydan's belly. The baby in my arms giggled, squirming. I loved seeing that small smile that took up his little face, that showed off those beautiful dimples.

"All that I hope for is that he turns out to be just like his father," I say softly, looking up at Niall. He smiled and gave me a gentle peck on the lips.

I love this man so much.

***

My eyes clutched shut at the shrill. My heart pounded. I groan at the sound of wailing.

"Fuck," the brunette beside me groaned. "I got 'em, darlin. Just go back to sleep," Niall whispered. I open my eyes just as I felt his lips brush my forehead.

"The breast milk is in the fridge," I whisper, smiling at him.

"And Aydan has a rash on his bum," he smiled wearily. "I got it darlin. Go to sleep."

I nod and pull the covers up to my chest. The bed sprung up and squeaked once he stood in his pajama bottom. I watched my handsome husband saunter across the room, ruffling up his fluffy hair causing his biceps to flex.

I bite my lip, grinning. I roll onto my side, closing my eyes.

The wailing stopped shortly.

~Niall's P.O.V.~

(haven't done that one in a while)

I step into the room, poking out my bottom lip at the two teary eyed children. "Oh, poor babies!" I pick both up, one in each arm, smiling at them. They looked at me as if I broke their little hearts and I laid one next the the other on the changing table, changing each "piss diaper" as I called them, putting a bit of ointment on Aydan's rash as I did. I fixed each up in their own diaper and threw the dirty diapers in the "trash can" as my beautiful wife said. I pick each up and walked downstairs to heat up the milk and take them back upstairs to feed them before putting them down to sleep.

I saunter back to the master bedroom to slip underneath the covers next the sleeping beauty. My wonderful wife of six years. My best friend, my lover, my soulmate. The person who sticks by my side through thick and thin, with everything I do.

I smile, leaning over to peck her lips gently. I pull her into my side.

She smiled, curling up against me. She pressed her palms into my warm skin. She lifts her head and looks at me hazily. A sweet smile curling on her lips. Her large green-brown eyes locked onto mine. An interesting shade of hazel.

"I love you," she whispers. She pressed a kiss to my mouth. I grin.

"Of course you do."

She just laughed at my cocky remark and leaned into me, her forehead now on my collarbone. I wrap her up in a warm embrace.

"Go to sleep, darlin."

And she did.