Chapter 26: Memories (Part V)

It was early in the morning, maybe three hours after midnight. With my curtains slightly drawn, the crystal moonlight, the only source of light, still poured into the room, casting over his face. His skin was porcelain in this lighting, even more so than usual. Flawless, almost. Like I didn't notice the twin moles on his neck, or gaping dimple in his left cheek.

He sat crisscross, mirror to me. I thanked that. That I was the only living soul to see him, in this very moment, at this very place, at this very time. And it was wonderful. To be so selfish as to hold his beauty captive to me and only me.

Because that's what he was. Beautiful. Shining brightly and casting warmth into my heart as I fawned over the gaze he gave me with his soft, kind blue eyes.

Perhaps I was simply a hormonal teenage girl. But perhaps that didn't scratch the surface.

Emily Bronté once said, "He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." I believed that about he and I. Because no matter how afraid I was to love him, it happened and I couldn't stop it. No matter how hard I tried. No matter how far I distanced myself from him. His lips always caressed mine in a way that left me dazed, with his hands on my skin and his very chest that was now bare in front of me, pressed against my own. As a seventeen, nearly eighteen year old, there are more fears in the world than can be imagined. Mine was and most likely always will be heartbreak. But if I'm honest, and totally corny, if Augustus Waters isn't afraid to have his heart broken by Hazel Grace, then it would surely be a privilege to have my heart broken by Niall James Horan.

He smiled, with a beer bottle chilling both hands. His accent laced, in not alcohol, but the sheer evidence of weariness. Yet, he refused to sleep.

"Your turn. Tell me about your first kiss."

I grin at him. "You know my-"

"Not the kiss with Jake. Your first real kiss. With emotion and heat-"

"You mean tongue?" That made him laugh.

"I suppose."

"Alright. It was with Nathan. It was... uneasy. I'd never done it before and he'd always tease me about being a virgin, so I went with it. It ended up with... me pushing him off the bed," I blush as he roars with laughter, smacking a hand over his mouth to muffle it. "In my defense, he licked my neck, my instinct reacted before I did."

"Oh my everloving Jesus Christ," he called endlessly.

"Aye, aye. Alright, Leppy. I bet your stories are worse than mine. Tell me about her. Who was she?"

He sobered quickly, a weak smile gracing his face. "She was... the heat of the moment. I was fifteen, I wasn't very good. Just been through a bad breakup. She was a friend, never more. But she was there for me."

I paused, flushing at the gaze he gave the beer in his hands. He took a swig, nearly emptying the glass. "What was her name?"

He was quiet for a few seconds. "Holly. We dated for a few months after that. I broke it off right before boot camp."

I didn't want to pry, but in reality, I couldn't just leave it at that. "Did you love her?"

Slowly, he nodded. "In a way. Almost like you and Nathan. It never really set off, but I would've done anything for the lass. She was one of my best friends."

A few seconds of silence pass before he speaks again. "Now it's my turn," he nods. "How am I?"

"How are you, what?"

"How am I at kissing?" A devilish smile caressed his lips that sent shivers up my spine.

"Alright, I guess. You could still use a few pointers though," I sigh. I can't help but burst into laughter at the way he looks at me, offended and amused all at once.

"I'll show you pointers, Mrs. Thing."

I laugh as he attaches himself to me by the neck. His beer hits the nightstand with a clink before frigid hands slip beneath my tank top causing me shout and twist. "Cold!"

He simply laughed, smothering my mouth with kisses, fidgeting underneath my top. My back curled and my hands shot to cover his upon my breasts, squeezing tightly. Nipples hard from the cool skin, I pant and bite my lip, pulling back to look at the man who had me flat on my back in a matter of seconds. His eyes were dark, lips slightly parted. He wasn't giving me that stupid grin anymore.

It had been a few months since our first time, our only time. I wasn't ready to do it again, and especially not with a house full and Zayn sleeping next door with Perrie. I believe Niall knew that. Even with his forehead against mine and his hands splayed across my chest underneath my tank top.

He continued to stare at me, never daring to move his hands beneath mine, never looking away. I couldn't blame him for wanting to touch me. Sometimes I wanted to touch him this way. To feel his skin beneath my fingers and hear those little sounds that he would make. Shaky sighs and quiet moans. Small gestures of intimacy that made me feel close to him. Like holding hands or hugging. Every small gesture made me feel close.

"Just a little," I mumble. I don't entirely know if he heard me but I know that he still understand what I meant by the look in my eyes. He began to move. I was moving as well, playing into his palms. No pun intended. My arms straightened and I allowed him to remove my tank top, never taking our eyes off of one another.

The sound was small. The sound of fabric hitting the ground. His face found my neck in a kiss, open and soft. I moan. My hands find his back. I stroke it lightly, as if he were sick and I were holding him. He brushed my taut nipple with his knuckles and I clenched my teeth before shuttering. "Mm."

His hand fumbled around, teasing me for a moment, to the point that I squeezed my eyes shut. I pant. My thighs began to press together and I pull at his wrist.

"What do you want, darling?" I shake my head rapidly. "Darling." I open my eyes to look up at him. Breathless, heaving, I must have looked a mess to him. But he didn't let it show, only looking at me with adornment.

"Don't tease me, I'm not ready for that," I sigh, tossing my head back. I look at him with half lidded eyes. He nods, leaning forward to kiss the abused appendage, before soothing it with his tongue. A blush hot on my face, I grit my teeth. After a long moment of suckling, he stopped and began on the next, curling his tongue and I could have cried. My hands wrapped through his hair. I bucked my hips and tightened my grip and he seemed to get the point, burying his face into my neck and tugging the covers over us, never saying a word.

Nonetheless, you could say that it had been a very good night.