Chapter 4 - Baby Names

~~Katie's P.O.V.~~

I smile, sitting on the counter island. I watch as Niall sings along to the iPod on the dock as he cooked. Making me giggle as he shaked his butt in my direction whenever he caught me staring. He grins and turns the music off. He carried to plates to the kitchen table.

"Hey, Niall," I say softly. He glances at me, humming for me to continue. "Do you ever plan out the future, like for when we have kids?"

He nods. A smile touched his lips. He sets down the plates and comes over to stand in between my legs. His palms press to the cold stone beside my bare thighs. "I always think about when we have kids."

"Do you think about names?"

He grinned, "Yeah. Like if it's a boy, he could be named James or Nicholas."

I wrinkle up my nose, giggling. "Nicholas?"

He chuckles and nods, "Or if its a girl, Scarlett or Scarlette (Scar·let·tah)."

"Scarlette. I like that." I grin at him. "I like Aribella."

He bite his lip, hiding a smile. "I like that, too." He moved his hands to my thighs, drawing patterns in my bare skin. I sat in black lace panties and a t-shirt so, of course he had full access to the skin of my legs. "I like Arianna."

I grin at him. Arianna. "I like Skylar and Zoey."

He snorts, "Zoey as in Zoey 101?"

"Maybe," I giggle.

"I like Skylar, but I prefer Anna or Anna Belle."

"Anna Belle," I say, smiling. I liked that. "What about Aria?"

He laughs, "Aria?" What's so amusing about Aria?

"What? I like that name."

He shakes his head, closing his eyes as he laughs.

"What about Rain?"

"Sure, and our son could be named Snow or Hail," he jokes. I roll my eyes. "How about Elizabeth?" I wrinkle my nose and shake my head. I don't want to name my daughter that. I mean, you hear Elizabeth and then ya see Queen Elizabeth. Too overdone. "Alright. How about Aaliyah?"

Aaliyah (Ay·lay·ah). I liked that. It was cute. "Possibly. What about Teri?"

He snorts in amusement. "Veto."

I chuckle, "Alright. Point taken. How about Naomi?"

"I like it, but I don't know about naming our daughter it."

"Honestly," I bite my lip, taking a pause. Soon, I release and continue, "I've always like the name Nevaeh (Nu·vay·yuh)."

"Nevaeh," he chuckles. He nods, "I like that. What about Stephanie?"

My mother.

A smile spread across my face. "Nevaeh Stephanie Horan." We both wrinkle up our noses, sharing a look. We shake our head. "Veto," we chorus.

"What about Stephanie Nevaeh?" he smiled.

"Yeah, and we can call her Nevaeh instead of Stephanie so there isn't any confusion." He nods along, leaning in to kiss me.

"Stephanie Nevaeh and Scarlette Aribella?" he asks. I nod and giggle. "And if it's a boy?" he asks.

I grin, clamping my hands together and holding them to my mouth. My thumbs on my chin and my index fingers against my nose. "What about Steven?"

"Uh-uh," he said, wrinkling his nose.

"Henry?"

"Nah."

"What about William?"

"No. I mean, it's okay but I just don't really see our kid being named William."

"Alright, smart ass. What do you have in mind?" I spat, crossing my arms. I really liked William.

"Samuel?" Ew. No thank you. He grinned at the face I made, "Point taken. How about Anthony?"

I smile, dropping my arms. My palms press to the cold stone. Niall ran his thumbs back and forth along the inside of my thighs as his big hands set on my skin. His touch was like electricity, sending bolts deep into my muscle and tissue, touching the bone.

There, it ran along my bones like electrical cords, taking the power back to the base. My spine was like the electrical outlets. I stifle a shudder as my spine tingled. His hands managed to warm my entire body from just that teny tiny spot on my legs. My thighs felt as if they were on fire, truly. I liked the burn.

It was amazing even after four years of dating, he still made me feel like this. I should be over all of the butterflies and the small touches. I shouldn't get foggy-headed and weak at the knees when we kissed. I shouldn't get shocks when we touch anymore. I shouldn't feel like I'm floating on Cloud 9 when he kissed my neck. We shouldn't still be in that new relationship phase.

You know what I mean. Whenever you're in a brand new relationship with someone that you really like and you can't keep your hands off of each other. It lasts for a month or two where every time that you get the chance, you're all over one another. That's where Niall and I are. Even after all this time. It's amazing. We've been blessed with that type of relationship. I just pray that we never lose it.

Ya know, most couples get married and they'll do what Niall and I do and sometimes start a family. But when that excitement goes, they try anything to get it back but they can't. They try anything to have it again. They realize that they didn't love each other, they loved what they felt. And they get divorced and split up the family and search for another tree to supply wood to start their fire. It's sad that some people do that. And there are some couples that do love each other but they grow apart and stop trying when the sparks gone. Very few people, probably 3 out of 10, find that one person who can make them feel like that at any time, like Niall to me.

I just... it's sad that the world is like that today.

"Anthony? Alright. What about Dylan?" He smiled.

"No! Oliver."

His smile fell. He sighs. "Veto."

I huff and pout.

"How about Lucas?"

I nod, poking my tongue out to lick my lips. "It's a possibility."

"Joshua?"

I grin at him, trying not to giggle. "Where the hell did you get that name? The 90s?"

He sighs, "Alright. Point taken."

"I like the name Aydan," I say softly. He smiles.

I've always liked Aydan because of the way it was spelled. Most people spell it Aiden. I like it my way because it was original.

"Okay."

"What about Channing?"

He grinned, "Channing as in Channing Tatum?"

"Well, Channing is a good name. Channing is the name of someone who is attractive and smart and clever."

He nods, closing his eyes briefly. "What about Channing Anthony Horan?" As soon as it came out of his mouth, we both share a look. "Nevermind. How about Channing Timothy?"

I ponder the thought. I liked it. "Channing Timothy and Aydan Alexander."

He nods with a small smile. "I like it. It's got a nice ring to it."

Channing Timothy Horan. Aydan Alexander Horan. Stephanie Nevaeh Horan. Scarlette Aribella Horan.

I liked those names. I liked them a lot.

He leaned forward to share a kiss with me.