Chapter 25: Nathan

I smile at all of the memories. I still remember when we first met. The memory may be bitter to most, but I found it an absolute treasure. That day, I found one of my most cherished best friends. And ex-lover. Well, I guess you could never call him ex-lover. We were never in love.

I clutch my books to my chest, cornered in front of the school. I stare at the people around me in fright. Even if just for today, can't these bullies just leave me alone? Just this once?

"Slut."

"Cocksucker."

"Worthless bitch."

The voices of preppy bitches and dumb jocks filling the air.

"Oh, come on, give the girl a break," I hear a boy among them say. My eyes snap to his, in hopes he would save me from this crowd of savages. But no. I was surely mistaken.

"She can't help the fact she's a little slut. C'mon baby girl, what's a blowjob cost?" the boy teased, hissing acid in my face.

"I bet she'd give you a free one right here! Get her, Max."

DANGER! ABORT! RUN, YOU IDIOT!

My feet shuffle to get away, but I'm caught by a jock. My actions process before my thoughts. I drop my books, swinging around to smash my fist into his jaw. He cried out before hissing at me. Before I know it, I'm on the ground underneath him.

"YOU LITTLE BITCH!"

I let out a shrill scream as my lip busts underneath his fist. And, oh, what's that? Oh, yes, a broken tooth! FUCK!

"You piece of shit! Get the fuck off of her!" A deep, dark voice barked, before the boy was ripped off of me. I gasp, looking up at the boy.

"Oh, shit!"

"Run!"

"Fuck, Max!"

The boy protecting me! His hair was short and black, hanging in front of his eyes. His full pink lips were pierced, along with his ears and nose. His nose was long and his face was clean shaven. His deep blue eyes cold and piercing, outlined in eyeliner. His clothing acquired skinny jeans, a black leather jacket, a black tshirt, and black combat boots.

He took said "Max" to the ground, throwing punches and snarling insults. To be honest, the jock didn't stand a chance. I can't help but stare at the boy mesmerized. He was protecting me.

He obviously didn't go to this school. I would have seen him around before.

I don't make an attempt to get up as the crowd disbands. I just watch him protect me.

After the boy was nearly unconscious, he let up, standing up and brushing himself off.

"Nathan, what the hell?" a boy snaps. I cringe at the voice. The boy, "Nathan" rolled his eyes before gathering my books and helping me up.

"You okay?" he questions. I can't speak, my voice is lost. I just nod. He narrowed his eyes, lifting my chin with a single finger. His gaze on my busted lip. "Open your mouth."

My eyes widen in shock. What was that supposed to mean?

"W-what?"

"Open your mouth, I wanna see if your hurt," he spoke harshly. I wince at the gruff sound. I part my lips for him. He gazed inside the wet passage.