Chapter 20: Family & Old Times

"Theo!"

The blue eyed, eight year old ran over to me.

"Yeah, Aunt Katie?" His Irish accent thick and shrill. He smiled sweetly at me. He glanced at the baby in my hands.

"Where's your uncle and Aydan?"

"He's watching footie with dad," he murmurs, grinning at Scari. He pokes her tummy resulting in a giggle. He giggles himself.

"FUCKING HELL! ARE YOU BLIND?!" Niall bellowed from the other room causing Theo to snicker. Greg swore loudly, damning the referee to hell. Bobby and Chris bickers as well as one of Niall's uncles and a cousin.

A loud scawling cry sounded as soon as he said that.

"Shit!"

"Theo," I whine, looking at the brunette, "Promise me that you'll be a lot more smarter than to scream when you're holding your own child in a couple of decades," I mutter, giving him a pitiful look.

Maura chuckled as she cooked while Denise gave a light laugh as well.

Niall peeked into the kitchen with a guilty smile, blushing as he bounced his screaming child. I gave him a death glare that caused his smile to fall. "Sorry. The referee called a foul and... well..."

"Give me my child and shut the hell up," I hiss, handing Scari to Denise. She chuckles. I take Aydan into my arms, cooing to him as I rubbed his cheek.

"I'm really sorry!" Niall whines, plopping down into the seat beside me. He gave me a pitiful look as I calmed Aydan down. Damn, I have a headache. And Aydan's screaming didn't help. "I'll make it up to you, I promise!"

"Yes, you will. On date night," I state, not looking at him. I manage to calm my baby down, before unhooking the breastfeeding bra and putting Aydan on my left breast to suckle. I look up at Niall expectly.

He gave me a sincere smile, leaning over to peck my lips.

"Thank you."

"For what?" I raise an eyebrow suspiciously.

"For giving me everything that you've given me. A family and a home. Four beautiful children and a great marriage. Thank you very much."

I smile sweetly and lean over to kiss him tenderly.

"Suck up," I mutter, still smiling. He grinned at me while Maura laughs.

"Niall, dear. Can you barbecue these chicken breasts for me?" Maura asked sweetly, holding a large tray of marinated chicken breasts toward him. He nodded, kissing my temple. He stood, tucking the barbecue sauce bottle underneath his arm and taking the tray from her hands, walking off to the backyard, through the back door.

Maura chuckles, sitting beside me and watching as Aydan was feed. "You know... before my son was with you, he dated something awful."

I grin, looking at her.

"Her name was Tiffany Lawerance. He dated her right after Melody and right before Holly. Lord, help me. What did he see in her? I don't know how her mother let her leave the house. Fake hair. Long acrylic neon green nails. Her hair was bright purple. She had the worst mouth. No manners. And lord, she always hit around on him. But he loved her. He waited on her hand and foot. It was unbelievable. Personally I believe she was a rebound."

I grin. "Melody messed him up bad."

"Believe me, hun. I know. Lord, did I want to knock that girl into the ground after what she did to my baby."

I smile cheekily at Maura. "Thanks for being a great mom."

"You consider me a mum?" she asked in shock.