Chapter 13 - Belly Ring

I sip my slushie, swinging Niall and I's arms back and forth as we walked down the street. I look at the window.

I wore a pair of light denim skinny jeans with my black "Dauntless" t-shirt. A pair of black converses on my feet.

God, I love Divergent. That's the shit right there. I remember reading all of the books, front to back, in just two days. Veronica knows how to write.

I dragged Niall to the movie theaters to watch the film and he only understood it because I stayed up all night the day before to explain it to him.

Abnegation. Dauntless. Amity. Erudite. Candor. I'd be Dauntless. I don't think I could be honest all of the time or completely selfless. Or all for smarts or kindness. I'd be the brave one.

Mom would probably be Abnegation. I smile at the thought. Yeah, she could be. Giving homeless people five hundred dollars? Definitely.

"Ew, Niall! Those are cute," I laugh, looking at the cute duckie slippers in the window of the children's clothing shop. He chuckles.

"I bet they quack with every step you take."

"That'd be cute," I giggle, looking at them. "What if we bought a pair for our kids one day?" He smiled sweetly down at me, unresponsive. I run my tongue over the ball of the lip ring before chuckling. "Alright, don't answer then," I say with a slight nod. I take a sip of my blue raspberry slushie.

"I'm sorry, I just," he lets out a sigh, "every time that you say, 'our kids' it just does something to me. I just... it feels amazing knowing that one day, I'll have little rugrats running around, but with you, that's just.... it's indescribable."

I roll my eyes and blush. "Kiss ass," I mutter, beginning to walk once again. He howls in laughter. He stayed at my side keeping his hand clamped to mine as we walked.

I grin at the piercing parlor ahead and step in front of Niall, swinging my arms around his neck. He grins down at me.

"Hey, NiBear?"

"Mhm?"

"What if I got a belly button ring?"

His lips parted slightly as his eyes went dark. A deep groan arose in his throat. I just knew that he imagined that picture and got turned on. A little too turned on. "Oi, drop everything and get it right now," he said in a thick voice, closing his eyes. I laugh and rest my head on his collarbone.

"Okay, baby. Don't go, getting all horny as usual," I tease quietly, smiling to myself.

"Shuddup," he said with a pout. A slight blush rose to his Irish cheeks.

"C'mon," I grin. I guide him to the piercing parlor. As we step inside, I find that it's not only a piercing parlor, but a tattoo parlor. I step over to the desk. The woman behind it smiles.

She had neon green streaks in her black hair and nose, lip, and eyebrow piercing. At least mid thirties.

"How may I help you?"

"I want a belly button ring," I grin ear to ear, bouncing around enthusiastically. Excitement coursing through my veins. She chuckles at my giddiness. She stood up from her chair. "First, you have to pick a ring out," she said, guiding me over to the belly button ring case.

I grin.

There were infinity signs, hearts, a dragon fly, a butterfly, a kitten, a plain stud, a horse shoe, a fairy, a marijuana plant (creepy), one that said "SEX", a whole variety full. Then there were rather creepy ones.

Niall grinned, "I like that one," he said, pointing to the four leaf clover. I roll my eyes.

"Real nice, Irish. Real nice."