Chapter 5 - Wedding & Writing

"Niall," I call out, sitting at a desk in the office. Niall said that it was absolutely necessary for us to have an office so that I would have a place for files and somewhere to keep my writing. Particularly a place for me to write my story that I promised him I'd do.

My pen was secured between my fingers. A paper laid flat on the desktop.

"Yes, my beautiful KareBear?" he sung. His heavy footsteps sounding down the hall, coming closer. Soon he appeared in the doorway, wearing a pair of sweats and an old t-shirt. Barefoot. His cheeks tinted pink telling me that he felt just how cold the house was, as well. His hair laid against his forehead.

He grins, "Did ya start that story yet? Ya know that I won't let ya back outta that promise."

I chuckle softly, "You know, we can't just set a date and expect it to be perfect. We have to plan this wedding."

His lips form an O as a look of realization fell across his face. "Alright, scooch over," he spoke cheekily, striding over to meet me behind the desk. Instead of sitting in a separate chair, he pulled mine out. I giggle, spinning slighty. I pulled my legs in so that I wouldn't kick him.

"It's too damned cold in this house to sit alone," he grumbled. "Honestly, it's May, what the fuck, London?"

I giggle at his bitterness. I stood to my feet, allowing him to sit down before he pulled me onto his lap. His arms snaked around my waist while he scooted us up to the desk. His chin rested on my shoulder. He let out a pleasured sound, closing his eyes briefly. "Oi, you're warm," he mutters. I chuckle, laying back against him. "Thank God!"

I burst into giggles. "It's not that cold in here. I'd figure that you'd be used to it, living in London as long as you have. Far longer than me."

"It doesn't matter," he sighs, "I might have spent my time, freezing my arse off in this place God knows how long, but I'll never get used to these frigid temperatures. Ireland good. London bad... Honestly! I am freezing far more than my ass off."

I let out a loud laugh, turning my head to kiss his cheek. "Poor baby," I coo.

"I know," he murmurs, digging his face into my neck. "Ugh, don't ever let go of me. You're my new blanket."

I giggle. "Alright. First things first. What day do we want to get married?"

"Ugh.... the wedding doesn't have to be in London, does it?"

"No."

"November."

I smile to myself. He knew that November was my favorite month of the year. It was the perfect balance between Christmas and Halloween with a tad bit of Thanksgiving action and it was in winter. I love winter.

"Niall, this wedding doesn't have to be all about me. It can make you happy as well."

"Babe," he mumbled, resting his head on my shoulder. His cheek against the fabric of my sweater. His hot breath hit my neck causing me to shudder. My hair had been pulled over the opposite shoulder. "A wedding is referred to as 'the bride's special day' for a reason. This is going to be your day. It's gotta be perfect for you. As far as I'm concerned, having you become my wife is all that I'll ever need. I want you to be happy."

I bite back a smile. Niall was honestly too sweet, I swear. "But I want a little bit of your input," I say softly.

"Alright. Make it November 3rd."

I giggle. He knew that my favorite number was three.

"Niall," I sigh.

"Just write it, huh," he whines. I chuckle and write it across the paper beside "Date:"