🎀Sixteen🎀

When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large.

- Geoffrey F. Albert -

_____________________________

Believe me when I say that Adam was insatiable. We made love three more times after eating and I was not count the time when he woke me up early in the morning. And as always, he managed to make me respond.

Waking up to his strong body pressed against mine and his shallow breath slowly blowing my hair was just heavenly. I reached out to smooth his hair and caress his face so I could remember all of this when we apart. When I reached his nose, he stirred up and slowly opened his beautiful grey eyes.

"Good morning, sunshine."

"Good morning, sleepy head."

"You can't blame me. I exhausted all my energy last night. And if you don't plan on getting out of this bed right now, I won't mind regenerating it some of it to relive the events of last night."

You see! Told you.

I quickly grabbed his shirt, slipped it on and rushed to the kitchen to make breakfast. I decided to go with toast and juices, I was in the middle of preparing it when I felt two strong hands encircling my waist.

"I never imagined that seeing you in my shirt would turn me on." He whispered trailing his tongue along my collarbone.

Just as I was about to give in, a phone vibrated somewhere. He cursed under his breath before going to answer it.

"Hello? Who is this?" The person on the other end answered and moments later Adam was panicking. All the blood on his face had drained away as he ended the call.

"What's going on?" I asked approaching him. He was quiet for a moment before he looked at me with a guilt-stricken face.

I shouldn't be this surprised because sooner or later, I knew he was going to regret this.

"Gladys...She had an accident last night."

"Oh my God! Is she okay? How did that happen?"

"I don't know. They just told me which hospital she's at and that she's in a critical condition."

And you are probably thinking that if you were there last night, nothing would have happened.

"Then let's get ready so that you can go to see her." My words snapped him out of his thoughts and he headed to the shower directly, leaving me alone and empty.

I thought was prepared for the moment when we would have had to part ways. But it hurt.

I sat there, lost in my thoughts until he came back from the shower. With nothing else to say, I also went to shower and 30 minutes later we were heading to the hospital.

♣♣♣

We arrived at the hospital shortly. I did not know why I followed him but I wanted to be by his side, even though I knew it would be short lived. We entered the hospital hurriedly and he went to the reception to ask for her room number.

Together, we rode the elevator towards the fifth floor. Room 309 was at the end of the corridor. I waited outside, wanting to give them some time alone, by the large window that enabled you to see the patient inside.

Gladys's head was wrapped in a bandage and her mouth was connected to an IV tube which was helping her breath. Upon seeing her, Adam's face fell. He grabbed a nearby chair and he sat on it taking her hand.

As he continued to caress her face telling her words I could not hear, I realized that I was out of place. I mean, she was his wife and what was I? Even though it was hard to admit, I was what you called a side chick or mistress.

I decided to do the right thing. Stealing one last glance at them, I quietly left.

I took a cab back home. I arrived by 12:00 a.m. I was expecting to see Steve, but I found the apartment deserted. When hunger kicked in, I prepared a simple lunch and watched my favorite TV show.

But nothing helped to cure the dull ache I was feeling in my heart. I felt like I was dying, slowly.

God, am I going through some kind of depression?

I had to do something before I would lose my sanity so I dialed Allie.

"Are the love birds finally home?" When I did not answer she tried again, "Are you alright?"

"Allie, I completely lost it."

"What happened, baby? Don't tell me that Steve discovered..."

"No, no that. It is a long story, do you have time? I just want you to hear me out. I need to get this off my chest."

"Sure. I have all the time."

I told her everything, down to the last detail. When I was done, she remained silent and I started to wonder if she had hung up. Until I heard her scream.

I think my ears are officially dead.

"Jesus Christ, Kate! Do you realize what you are telling me? You cheated on your husband."

"Don't make me feel guiltier than I already do."

"I'm sorry, but I think they know you have something going on between you."

"No way. Otherwise they would have confronted us."

"It's just a theory, a gut feeling. I don't trust them and I think something fishy is going on."

=================

Who agrees with Allie that something fishy is going on? Drop a 💣 if you do.

I'm sorry if you were expecting a romantic morning after, but I like to surprise my readers and I have more surprises and drama coming... 😜

Until next time.

Much love 🧡

Marty.