🎀Nine🎀

We all have those relationships that we simply wished that they never happened, but we can't go back and change the past. Everyone is going to deal with a little baggage in their life, but that doesn't mean you have to drag it around with you for the rest of your life.

 - Jenifer N. Smith -

_________________________

"Kate!" Someone yelled my name loudly.

I searched the crowd to find the owner of the voice until my eyes landed on Allie. She came running towards me, almost knocking me down as she attacked me with a bear hug.

"Oh my God! I can't believe you're here! How are you? How have you been? How's your family? How's New York?"

"Allie, calm down you can't throw that many questions and expect me to answer them at once!"

"Okay, promise me we are going to hang out together now."

"Let me see if it's okay with Adam." I turned to find Adam talking to a guy with the same looks and height as his.

I approached them and immediately, they stopped their conversation.

"Is it okay with you if I hang out with my friend for a while?"

"No problem. By the way, this is Nathan Roberts, my cousin. Nathan, this is Katherine Wilson, my business partner."

"Nice to meet you, Katherine." Nathan extended his hand, I took it and we shook hands.

"Where is your friend? I haven't met her." Adam said looking around, Allie took that as a hint and approached us.

"Right! Adam, Nathan this Natalie Owens. Natalie this is Adam O' Farrell, my business partner and his cousin, Nathan Roberts."

"Nice to meet you all." She said shaking hands with Adam but she completely ignored Nathan.

"The pleasure is ours, Natalie." Adam said while Nathan and Allie were staring at each other.

Wait, did they know each other?

"Call me, Allie. We promise we won't take long because tomorrow is the big day!"

"That's great! Nathan and I will catch up while you are gone." Adam said following Nathan to the exit of the airport.

"Let's go!" One thing I recalled about Allie was that she was never patient.

"Wait, what about our luggage?"

"Took care of it. The driver will take it to the hotel, nothing to worry about." Adam said.

First, she took me to the beach which, to our dismay, was too crowded for us to find any space to sit. Thus, we gave up and we went to the spa instead.

"So, tell me about that husband of someone else's you've stolen." The woman who was massaging her threw me a dirty glance.

"You are not helping at all. I already feel bad for dragging him to this place." I frowned.

The massage felt good, I could feel all the tiredness slowly melting away as those hands did magical things to my body. I made did a mental note to visit the spa more often.

"But you told me you're business partners! So, it was only natural for him to accompany you."

"Yes, but-things are complicated."

"Don't tell me you have an affair!" She suddenly jumped causing the poor woman to land hard on her ass.

Allie dismissed both of them to leave us alone.

"Stop getting those ideas into your head. It's not what you think!"

"I'm not a child, Kate. Now, tell me what has been going on between you two."

"Okay listen, but promise me you will not talk about this to anyone." She made a gesture of sealing her lips.

I could not believe I was going to say it.

"The first thing is that you know the guy..."

"It's the first time I've see him."

"I mean you have heard of the guy. Allie, Adam is the guy I told you about 3 years ago."

"The one you ran away from at the prom party?" I nodded.

"Oh my God Kate! Does he recognize you?"

"Well, yes. I guess my face is hard to forget."

"I think it has nothing to do with the face but rather with the feelings you shared at that time."

"Okay enough about me. Tell me what's going on with you and Nathan."

"It's the first time I saw him." She replied.

"Don't give me that shit. I know you too well."

"Well. We slept together."

"Allie!" My eyes were wide open as I stared at my friend who had not changed at all. She could sleep with whoever she wanted to as long as there were no strings attached. She was the only woman I knew who wanted nothing but sex from a man.

"Don't look at me like that. It was just one night. And to tell you the truth he was amazing. I recall the way he touched me, kissed me from my neck down towards my c-"

"Allie, that's enough! I don't want the details. But then why did you ignore him?"

"Because he left that night."

"So what? That's how one night stands work out!"

"If you say so. But maybe I wanted another round in the morning. Anyways, I think it's time to see where the show will take place." We put our clothes back on and hailed a cab to take us there.

We entered a tall building with blinding lights, a long runway and the first thing I noticed; I was not prepared.

Everyone was rushing to get their things ready at the last minute, models were trying on different clothes and accessories, managers and owners were shouting at literally everyone and I was standing there feeling completely lost.

I didn't even have models for my necklaces.

"What are you thinking?"

"Allie do you think I rushed? Because I don't have models, my things are not here, I am-"

"Kate, calm down. We have everything under control. Besides who needs models when you and I can do the work perfectly."

"You mean the two of us?"

"Yes, why not?"

"I don't even know the way they walk. You want me to embarrass myself?"

"That can never happen as long as I am here. Okay, let me teach you."

"You?"

"Yes Kate, me. Now, come here. Be confident, hold your head high." I did as I was told, "And now move those hips girl." I burst out laughing and the room went quiet; everyone watching us with annoyance.

"Allie, I think we should go." I whispered dragging her outside away from those stares.

"Don't think that this is over. You are going to learn how to sashay with those hips at my place." True to her words, we stood in front of her laptop as we spent the next three hours imitating models until my hips could not take it anymore.

==================

So drop a "yes" if you love Allie😉

So guys I was thinking of writing a love story of Allie. But it will depend on if you want it. So let me hear your thoughts. If you want it comment.

Stay tuned for the next chapter if you want to know the outcomes of the show.

Love you all 🧡

Marty.