🎀Six🎀

I could not breathe. I needed some air.

Those were the only thoughts on my mind as I sat on Steve's lap stunned and horrified. If he had pulled me on his lap only a few seconds ago, I swear I would have died.

I could not believe I let my guard down and let Adam have his way with me. I should have been feeling ashamed but my body was still burning from his touch.

I wanted more.

I wanted more than anything to leave this room or better yet this house. I knew that coming here was a terrible idea especially because Adam reappearing into my life was overwhelming, he had gotten even hotter and sexier than before.

"How about we go to sleep, babe?" I cringed at the sound of Steve pulling me from my thoughts.

He even dared to call me 'babe'. It sounded unattractive coming from his mouth. But before I could respond Gladys played her part.

"It's getting late, don't you think we should all head up to our respective rooms and call it a day?" She said while sliding her hands all over Adam's body.

Gross, seriously?!

"Let me just go to the bathroom." I said, freeing myself from Steve's grasp and from the super awkward moment.

I practically ran upstairs and closed the bedroom door. I sat down and released a long breath. I needed to make a promise to myself. It was already bad that I was wishing we were not interrupted.

Never let Adam approach you or touch you again!

After a long shower which helped to clear my thoughts, I got out to find Steve already snoring.

Thank God!

At least that was the only good thing which happened today. I dried myself before getting under the covers, leaving as much space as the bed could offer between us.

Much to my dismay I had wet dreams of Adam.

♣♣♣

The next day I was eager to leave their house. I packed my things, prepared myself and went downstairs. Steve was nowhere to be found.

Before I even saw Adam, I felt him. He was right behind me. I turned abruptly causing my body to collide with his and was instantly lost in his capturing gaze.

"Good morning, Kate." He said his gaze never leaving mine.

"Good morning, I'm sorry again for my clumsine-" I was interrupted by the ringing of my phone and I was grateful for the distraction.

"Hello!" I answered getting away from him.

"Kate?" I recognized the voice, but from where? "Kate, it's Allie."

Jesus Christ!

"No. It's not possible, is that really you, Allie? I can't believe this! Am I dreaming?" I was hysterical.

But you could hardly blame me, I was talking to my best friend whom I had not seen in three years.

"Yes baby! The one and only. How have you been? I've missed you! We've got to meet and talk about everything. By the way I found out that you got married, how so? How come I was not informed? Me, the best friend you have ever had!" She was trying to be mad but with no success.

I was mentally picturing the face she always made when she tried to be mad. And for the first time in forever, I was smiling and it felt good.

Allie and I met during the summer of my last year of high school when we were both working as waiters in a coffee shop trying to raise money and go to college. I remember how much I admired her the first time I saw her. She was charming with short black hair, slim but curved in all the right places and had a big, big mouth. They almost fired us because I could not contain my laughter when she was narrating a comedy show we used to watch.

I was super excited to start college because we were going to the same one. I was going to study business while she was going to major in fine art. We would always be together and for that reason no guy ever approached us. Sometimes people mistook us as lesbians which always pissed me off but it was advantageous because we never experienced heartbreak like most girls, we would stick together and fantasized about our crushes in our room at night.

When we graduated, she immediately moved to Miami to live with her parents and that was the last time I saw her. Three years ago. During the first few months we exchanged calls and texts but gradually stopped to the point where I would call her and she would not reply.

"Allie, where did you get my number? I thought we lost contact."

"It took me about a week to finally grasp it. You won't believe me but I was about to hire a private investigator."

"You didn't!"

"Yes I did, since I needed to deliver you earth shattering news." I smile, I had always loved her dramatics.

"I'm all ears. Tell me the earth shattering news you've got."

"So you see, in Miami there's a fashion show in a couple of days for jewelry. When I heard of it I immediately remembered my long lost friend and her dream to own a jewelry store. So, I thought 'why not tell her the good news?' It'll be an amazing opportunity for your business, especially because it's a competitive fashion show. So, that's it. What do you say? Will you come or what?" My head was spinning. My jewelry was going in a competition?

"Kate, are you still there?" She asked, worried.

"Of course! And to answer your question, I wouldn't miss it for the world!"

"That's why I love you girl, you never let an opportunity pass through your fingers. I'll see you in a few days and if you have a partner or an investor bring him or her with you. It's a lot of work and I want to find time for us in the very long schedule you will be having."

"Okay, got it. I can't wait to see you." I said and went down to tell everyone the good news.

My dream was becoming a reality.

======================

Who can't wait to meet Allie or can't wait for this trip
Well I am 😁 stay tuned

So guys enjoy this and let's embark on Adam and Katherine's love story together. This is the beginning.
I want to hear you thoughts on this book, please give feedback.

Stay home and safe

Much love 🧡

Marty.