🎀Eleven🎀

Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.

     - William  James -

_______________________

"What took you so long, Kate?" Allie came rushing towards us with an agitated face.

"Unfortunately, we were struck in traffic."

"Forget it. Let's start, time is running out." She dragged me to a room which was filled with way too many people for me to breath.

Everyone was so on edge that you could feel it in the air. Two men dressed in black suits approached us with tickets.

"Okay, everyone hear me out. I know you're busy but you have to come here and select your numbers, and you will follow them during the presentation."

When he finished talking a hoard of people went running towards him to grab the little pieces of paper. When everyone was done, I approached the man and took the last paper.

"I like your calm." He said, handing me the last paper and found out it was 200.

"That's actually the last." He said, I looked at him nervously, "But don't worry the last collections are always the most mind-blowing."

I did not know if that was meant to cheer me up, but it did not.

"So, what number did you choose?" Allie asked.

"The last one."

"That will give us enough time to prepare." She said, then went to talk to Adam.

"Young man, go in that crowd and find fans for us." She ordered Adam.

"How am I-" He started to protest but the look Allie gave him shut him up and made him comply.

Allie proceeded to fix my hair into a tight bun, dabbing make up onto my face next. I returned the favor when she finished. We put on the dresses she had bought for us yesterday, suddenly a thought came in my mind.

"Allie, how are we going to put on all those collections since we are just two?"

"Uh! Good point. But we will figure it out."

Damn, she had confidence, unlike me.

We were strapping on our heels when we heard loud cheering from the crowd. We had been so engrossed in preparing ourselves that we forget the others participants who had already started showcasing their collections.

Out of pure instinct, we peeped through a small crack separating where we were and where the spectators were. My eyes could not register what I was seeing. There were five models - two in front and three behind - each wearing the most beautiful silver jewelry I had ever seen, standing at the podium elegantly. The women whom I presumed as the owner stepped onto the stage, instantly the crowd started chanting, "Ciara, Ciara..."

"Do you think we're going to make it?" I whispered to Allie as we went to sit on a nearby bench.

"Don't start doubting yourself now! Take a deep breath and relax your mind." She reassured me as we continued to hear the crowd cheer even more loudly for every collection that passed by in their eyes.

Then Adam came a moment later, breathless, "Girls, get ready you are the next!"

"That fast! How did-" I did not get to finish my sentence as Allie pulled me and started throwing me the necklaces.

"What am I going to do with these?" I was confused but she ignored me. She then turned to Adam, "Have you done what I asked you?"

"Yes ma'am!" He replied saluting.