🎀Ten🎀

We all have our own lives to pursue,our own kind of dream to be weaving, and we all have the power to make wishes come true, as long as we keep believing.

- Louisa May Alcott -

_____________________________

Tired.

I felt like my legs could not walk anymore.

I could not believe Allie made me do this the whole day. I was sitting on her couch while she had gone to make some lemonade.

"I think you are more than ready." She said handing me the lemonade which I finished in three gulps.

"Remind me to never take your advice again, in my life."

"Don't worry you will thank me tomorrow after the show."

"How about we go to that hotel you reserved so that I can rest properly before the big day, huh?"

"Sure, let's go."

I took out my phone ready to call Adam so that we could meet there but he called me first.

"Kate, where is that hotel we are supposed to stay at?"

"I have no idea. But you could come to Allie's, she was about to take me there."

"Sure. Text me the address."

"Was that Adam?" Allie asked.

"Yes and we have to wait for him so that we can go together."

"Shit. I forgot that I have to do something important today! You will have to excuse me, you two go alone. Here's the address." After noting it down she practically ran out of her apartment slamming the door.

What's wrong with her?

Ten minutes later I heard the doorbell ring. I went to open the door and right in front of me stood Adam. As always my heart skipped a beat.

"That fast?"

"Yeah it turned out that I was close to this place. Where is Allie?"

"She had matters to attend to so we will have to go alone"

"Then let's go. I'm sure you have to get plenty of sleep."

I followed him outside where I found a white Porsche waiting for us.

Of course he lacks nothing!

The ride was silent and I tried to look anywhere else in the car but at him; he was not making it easy. Every now and then he would shift the gear causing our bodies to touch which immediately sent shivers down my spine.

"Are you prepared?" He broke the silence.

"Yes! That's what I have been doing all day." By now it was starting to get dark, the fading sun made his face glimmer, creating the most handsome face I had ever seen.

"Staring is rude." It was then that I realized I had been caught checking him out. With a red face, I instantly averted my gaze, looking out of the window.

We arrived at this place called 'Hampton Inn', we got out and went to the receptionist who happened to be a woman. The moment she saw Adam entering her eyes lit up and I do not know why but I suddenly got angry.

"Good evening, Sir. What can we do for you?"

And she just ignored me.

"A friend of ours booked rooms for us a few days ago and we are here to check in."

"Under what names?" She asked averting her eyes towards the computer sitting in front of her.

"Probably Katherine Wilson and-"

"Yeah got it. Room 102." She said handing him a key then I realized she said one room.

"And the other one?" I asked hoping that Allie had not played matchmaker.

"We have only one room ma'am." She replied, confusion written on her face.

I was going to kill Allie for sure.

"Is there any way we can get another room?"

"No. We are currently full."

"I guess we will have to share that room." Adam said completely unbothered.

"How about we go search for another place?" I was not ready to spend the night with Adam in the same room.

"Relax, I don't bite. Nothing is gonna happen and it's a waste of time to go look for another place to stay." Reluctantly, I agreed since my legs could not support me anymore and I was super tired.

We took the elevator which took us to the third flour and we entered room 102. The room was quite big and beautiful but I did not waste any more time admiring the place, I quickly went into the bathroom.

After a long and refreshing shower I got out with a towel wrapped around my body and another one hung in my hair. I was rummaging through my suitcase looking for clothes when I caught Adam staring at me with hooded eyes.

"If you still want that nothing happens, try to dress up ASAP!"

I quickly grabbed my clothes and ran towards the bathroom. When I got out this time, I was fully covered. I found food waiting for us. He must have called room service.

"I'm going to take a shower, don't wait for me. Eat and rest, you have a big day ahead of you tomorrow." He was about to enter the bathroom when I asked him a question which had been nagging me.

"Um, are we going to like sleep on the same bed?"

"If that is what was bothering you, I'll sleep on the couch."

I ate my dinner quietly and went to sleep before Adam could come out of the bathroom.

The next day I woke up with an uneasy feeling. I ignored it. I prepared my collections as Adam helped me put them in the car and together we went to the show.

===============

Hope you are enjoying!

So tell me what you think!

Stay safe my loves, much love 🧡

Marty.