🎀Four🎀

"I'm sorry for coming in late." I said as we entered the shop.

"It's fine. Did something happen? You have a big bruise on your cheek." Marisa asked concerned.

"Oh, I slipped in the bathroom."

I was being forced to lie to everyone.

"Oh, sorry to hear that! Hope nothing is broken."

"Don't worry, let's just get to work." I said, dismissing further questions.

That day I did not even eat lunch, I just wanted to work and keep myself from thinking. Before I knew it, it was night time.

Time to close the shop.

After I checked the ledgers and cash books, I was ready to go. I bid Marisa goodbye but not before giving her instructions for the weekend. As I headed towards the parking space where I would usually park my car I realized it was not there.

Of course, I left it at home since I came with Adam! Why had I not thought about that before agreeing to come with him? How was I going to get home?

Then I saw Steve's car approaching me. I could not believe what I was seeing before my eyes. I did not want to face him, he was going to take his anger out on me again. Before I could make a run for it, he was in front of me.

"Waiting for your lover boy?" He asked.

"There is no lover here. You're delusional." I said backing away from him but he kept moving forward.

This was not going to turn out well.

"Let's just go home, honey." He said grabbing my arm, shoving me into the car as he walked around and got in and started driving.

That night he raped me again.

The next morning I woke to the sound of running water, it was the shower. I looked at the calendar on my bedside table and I realized that we were supposed to the beach house with Adam and his wife, I had made no preparations.

That was enough to make me scamper out of bed and start packing. I took a long bath where I let out everything inside me. After I was done I grabbed my suitcase, I went out to find Steve waiting for me with a big smile on his face. I wondered if he was the same man whom I married, the man who would turn into a monster in the darkness of the night. I climbed into the car, we drove for what seemed like forever, surrounded by silence.

Upon reaching our destination, which was a mansion, I let out a sigh.

At least he was not going to be a monster here.

"Hi, you are finally here!" Exclaimed a beautiful woman with long hair which bounced when she strolled towards us. She enveloped me into a warm hug which I returned eagerly.

I really needed a hug, "I'm Gladys O'Farrell, pleased to meet you."

"Hello, I'm Katherine Wilson and this is my husband, Steve." I said shaking her extended her hand. I noticed how her face fell when I told her my name.

"I see you've already met my wife." Adam's voice greeted us from behind his wife.

"Yes we have! She is an angel!" Steve exclaimed, giving him a hand, which Adam shook.

Adam glanced at me as he extended his hand, I shook it and he squeezed it as he stared at me.

This was going to be one hell of a weekend.

"We should probably go inside." Gladys suggested, taking our bags. We followed her inside until we reached our room.

"Shouldn't we take a nap first?" Steve suggested but I gladly refused, telling him I needed some air. I practically ran from the room colliding with Adam, who caught me with ease.

We needed to stop meeting like that.

"What's wrong now?" He asked, amused.

"Nothing, I-I'm just going to get some air." I said, color rising to my cheeks.

Why does this always happen to me?

"I'll accompany you."

"Is your wife okay with this?" I asked as a way to refuse his offer, especially because of Steve.

"She's resting. She won't wake up until dinnertime." He said as we started walking outside.

We sat on the beach since their house overlooked the ocean.

"How have you been?" He asked, catching me off guard.

What did he mean by that?

"Fine, you?" I responded.

"Same old, busy with business. It's not easy being a billionaire."

"You know when we were in high school I hated you because of that!" I said with a nostalgic smile which made him laugh; a deep laugh which caused me to admire him.

"Did you still hate me the night I was about to make love to you?" He said with all seriousness and I looked away.

Of course not!

"No. I had feelings for you then." I admitted quietly.

He was quiet for a long time until he asked, "Do you ever regret running way that night?"

'You have no idea', I wanted to say, but how could I?

"Cause I do, every night." I was frozen clearly not expecting that.

===============

Hello!
How was the chapter let me hear your thoughts :)

Now who do you want out of the picture: Steve or Gladys?
[wink]

Stay tuned and don't miss out the next chapter
Vote, comment & share
Love you guys 🧡

Marty.