85 | Condition.

Songs for the chapter :

All by myself by Eric Carmen.

Moonlight by Ariana Grande.

Let me by Zayn.

I push myself up from his lap in an instant and stand, gawking at his face

“What?” I ask, befuddled.

“The thing happened with me it wa—”

“Stop. I didn't ask that.” I raise my hand. “What do you mean by you don't trust me?”

“I didn't. I only knew you like two and half months and what happened with me is huge that it takes century to trust anyone. Fuck may be I never able to trust someone.” he says.

My lips part in surprise and I feel like someone just cut the supply of oxygen. “You don't trust me?” I barely whisper.

Liam didn't trust me? A man who I have feelings for, feelings that words are less to describe. A man who has my heart—that faithfully beats much stronger when he is around. A man who has my mind—that loyally thinks about him every time. A man who has my eyes set on him and only him is saying he doesn't trust me? After I did every possible thing for him to make him understand I am not the one to break his trust ever and that I will stay. I still get to hear that.

“Rose—”

“You don't have to explain I understand that you don't trust me.” I cut him off. I won't be able to hear why he don't trust me. I understand and even sympathize with what he gone through. Betrayal is something that literally shook to your core and completely change the way you see your life. But still in Liam case I thought may be I am that person he saw a flicker of light with. How wrong I was.

“That's not what I meant. Listen to me.” he tries to reach for my hand but I step back a little.

“I heard quite properly Liam. I am not blaming you here. I am just—I need to go.” my voice waver a little and I try hard to not cry in front of him. I need my space right now to lick the internal wounds left by his words. I want to cry badly not because what he said to me but because in those months we spend time together—wherever we go, whatever we did and talk. It was all done without any trust from his side meanwhile those moments with him were my absolute honest.

“Dammit, Rose. Just wait. Don't go.” he pushes me back to him and I was hit by his chest. “Don't run away till you heard everything about me, about you and about my feelings towards you.”

“I am finally trying to be honest with you. Let me, so that I won't let you suffer much.” his breath fan my hairs and I look up in his pleading eyes.

I wanted to tell him that I have heard enough that I have not in me now to hear any honest truth from him— that his I don't trust you words were big enough for me to suffer that I can't let him continue more because I felt like something important ripped from my body right now.