23 | Mess.

I find Liam after college and battle in my mind whether I should go there and talk to him or

I find Liam after college and battle in my mind whether I should go there and talk to him or...not. He is sitting on a bench outside the campus. By the look of him I can tell he is in pain. So I go there. 

I don't say anything when I stand behind him. He is looking at something on his phone and I bite my lips to what I should say or not. Should I ask him how he is? Or what happened with faculties. Is he suspended? Maybe I should talk about the project if we are meeting or not.

I mentally smack my head when I realize how stupid it sound. He is injured and I am talking about something which shouldn't even come first. 

I should just leave. I don't even know what I am doing here in the first place.

“Going without asking?” I hear Liam's voice and stop walking. I turn my head but find him sitting in the same position. How does he know I am here without looking?  

He finally turns to me and says. “I saw your shadow if you're wondering how I know you're creeping behind me.” oh. 

How does he figure out I am behind him by my shadow?

“I wasn't creeping.” I scowl at him. He rolls his eyes at me and turns his face. I hesitantly walk towards the front.

“Um how are you?” I ask. 

He looks at me and I see his face closely. The bruises are more visible than before. His right cheek is swollen a little bit and his lips are too. Few cuts on the left cheeks still have blood in it. My eyes train to his knuckles which are badly bruised. 

“And why do you fucking care?” he bitterly says and I look at him. He is already staring at me. 

“I—uhh.” I fumble with my words and before I could control my words it slips.

“Because you're my partner and now you've gotten yourself into this I have to check on you. We haven't finished our work yet and submission day is near.” 

Liam mutters something under his breath and I catch only one word figured or maybe I heard wrong. 

“Yes I am fucking okay. As for your project concern I will make the damn slide on my own.” he raises his voice a little and I bite my lips. He must have been thinking I am heartless and selfish. Why the heck did I say that? 

“Did everything go in your favor?” I ask and the next think I know he is towering over me.

“No it didn't. Wanna know why? Because I am the one who fucking did wrong. Sure it wasn't his fault that his girlfriend is a lying bitch but it wasn't mine either. He punched me and in my defense I did the same to him but no they all think I am wrong. They already give me a goddamn warning slip and I came here for peace but instead you're annoying the fuck out of me.” he yells at me and I don't notice that he caged me against the wall until he hit his fist on the wall in anger. I jump in terror and wipe the tears from my eyes.