Chapter 22: Trapped

Start from the beginning

Mr. Addeo extended his hand, "It's going to be a pleasure working with you son." I shook his hands, and he collected the papers shoving them into the desk and locking it swiftly. After, him and his bodyguard exited, I relaxed into the chair.

I began to pull out my phone and was about to dial Ava's number, but Cartia snatched it from me. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Um, calling Ava. I want to tell her it's finally happening." I calmly said.

Cartia bitterly laughed then got completely serious, "After everything I did, you still want her?"

I turned to look at Cartia. She was angry. This wasn't the Cartia I had grown to like. "Yes, she's the love of my life. The only reason I ended it with her was because of pure jealousy and well, I thought I liked you."

Cartia smirked, "It was inevitable that you would catch feelings for me, look at all I did for you. Yet, you over look it."

"I didn't over look it, I am thankful for that. You just don't understand."

"Well, I don't care enough to. In fact, I don't have to pretend to care about you and Ava, because you're mine now." Cartia stated.

I got out of my chair and frowned, obviously confused at what she was implying. "I'm not, in fact I don't want anything to do with you anymore. This isn't the Cartia I know."

Cartia grabbed my arm, "Too bad. You just signed a contract that makes you stay with me in exchange for your football career. Whether you like it or not, you are stuck with me for a year and by then Ava would have had to move on."

I yanked my arm away from her, "You're sick."

Cartia pouted, "Boo-hoo. Always read the fine prints."

"So what, you're going to force me into this with you?"

She nodded, "You have to declare us a couple in a month, and if you don't, you're off the team and you owe me 100,000 dollars. Simple as that."

I stayed quiet, realizing what I had gotten myself into. This was bad, and there was no way I was going to have that kind of money to pay them off. I was screwed and stuck here. Being in debt my entire life and getting out this mess would be worth it, if I got to stay with Ava. I would do anything. 

"Screw you and the contract, to think I had any type of feelings for you." I gritted. "You manipulated me, you will never take Ava's place."

Cartia mimicked a fake crying face, "Whatever. Not like I wanted to take that fat bitches place anyway. I'm better always will be."

"Don't you dare call her that, I'll find a way to give you that money, because pretending to like you after all of this is much worse."

"Chase, I really really like you. And, well, I didn't think I had to come to this but, if you dare to leave me... I will come for her and for her family. I don't think it'd look good on her record if she got expelled from UCLA, huh?"

Cartia kissed my cheek and left me in the room alone. I was the biggest idiot there was. Not only was I meant to leave Ava forever, but I had to pretend to be in love with this fool. This was my fault and I would forever pay the price for it.

Present

There I was, pretending to be happy with Cartia even though I knew her ill intentions. There were so many times I tried to contact Ava, the past couple weeks but Cartia ended up finding out and well, she made me change my number and delete Ava's.