Chapter 30...Grand Gala

Christina

Even before the sun wakes up, chaos starts partying all around the house. The catering team, decorators and many others are so shattered here and there. It's a mad house. 

Last night even though I shared that freak's room, I slept very comfortably after a very long time. May be the coolness of nature at night or may be the fresh earthy smell of air that soothens my my chaotic mind really helped me to feel alive again. 

And the best part, that bloody asshole didn't show up at night which relieved further. It's not that I didn't feel a bit sense worry about his whereabouts - but it's only out of humanity which I possess greatly and it has played a fair share of getting me into trouble a lot of times but it's all a part of being a human after all.

At the breakfast table a variant of dishes have been served in a royal manner. Pancakes, beans, pudding, bacon, corn flakes and milk,  tea, coffee, you just name it. 

"Good morning Grandpa." Greeting him I take my seat. 

"Good morning dear." He smiles, peeking through the newspaper. 

Making small conversation through out the breakfast, I get to know so much more about the Salvatore family. But there  are few questions remain unanswered and he suggests to have patience and those unanswered questions would be only answer by the Great Nicklaus. 

As if we're gonna have such normal relationship.

But that reminds me, where is he anyway? His absence is bugging me a lot for some weird reasons. I couldn't help and end up asking Grandpa  about his whereabouts.

"Don't worry he has gone to some errands. He'll be back soon." He assures. 

After the breakfast, I've nothing much to do I offer help with the preparation of today's party but to my unfortunate I'm forbid to work as per Grandpa's command.

I'm extremely bored right now. I've never sit this much idly ever in my life.

Arrgh! I'd go mad if I'm not assigned with any kind of activities.

Having no other choice, I walk in the beautiful lawn and show off some of my gardening skills.

It's a good way to kill some time. Having a satisfaction with my job I hop into the shower and freshen up. As I didn't feel like having lunch after such heavy breakfast, skipping seems to be a good option.

While reading an e-book, sleep hugs me tight for rest of the afternoon.

***

My eyes open hearing the ring of alarm that I'd set beforehand. It's almost time for the party and I really should get ready.

Running throw the cupboard, I realise I didn't bring any dress for this evening.

Yeah that's because that moron hadn't mentioned anyting while packing apart from adding warm clothes in the suitcase.

Now what I do?

Should I call Nicklaus and ask for help?

Nayh! It seems wrong. Very wrong. I haven't called since morning and now I'd be calling him for a dress.

No bloody way!

He'd think me as a golddigger bitch.

Oh wait! He already does. So no big deal.

I'm about to press the call button when my eyes notice some bags on the nearby couch.