Chapter 18...The start of the torture

SPECIAL THANKS TO user78664627 FOR READING MY STORY AND VOTING...❤

Christina's POV

I open my eyes the next morning as the sunlight fall on my face. Waking up I stretch myself a bit. When I notice my surrounding I find myself at the sofa where I was last night. 

Wait! I fell asleep here. And where is Nicklaus? He must be in his room. I takea a look at time and it's 8:30 am. Shit! I'm so dead today. I ran to my room and in a hurry finished my morning business. Taking a deep breathe I knock his door, but as usual I get no response. Opening the door, I find the room empty. I check the washroom but it is empty as well.

Strange! Has he already left? But why hasn't he woke me up? 

 With all these thoughts roaming around my head I enter the kitchen. I open the refrigerator and notice the dinner from last night is untouched. That means he hasn't come home yesterday. What do I do now? Should I call him? 

From calling him, it reminds me of my cell phone which was in my suitcase and now my suitcase is gone. What hell did he do with my suitcase anyway. He must have thrown it.

Should I try to call him him from the landline? 

Hah as if you his phone number! You didn't know his first name till yesterday! My subconsciousness laughs at me. 

I won't lie I'm currently really worried about his whereabouts. Whom should I ask? There is no one expect some guards at the gate. Yeah, the guards I should ask them. 

"Excuse me, sir?" I call one guard who seems to be at his late forties. 

"Please ma'am, don't embarrass me  like that. I'm just a mere guard here and you're the owner." He murmurs apologetically.

"Respect doesn't see any occupation, it comes from heart, and please don't call me ma'am, call me Christina." I say with a smile. 

"How can I help you, dear?" He says smiling back.

"Um act-actually do you've Nic-Nicklaus phone number? He didn't come home last night and I'm really worried. Please can you help me?" Damn do I always get nervous even when I talk about him.

"Ah yes, it's an old habit of sir. He hardly comes home from work. He works everyday even at weekends. There it's his number" He gives me the number. 

Instantly I dial it but he never answers it. Sighing I give up after the fifth try. I'm making lunch when I hear a knock on the door. It's him I guess. I rush to the door but I'm wrong. 

"Hi, I'm Liam and boss has send me to get a file from his study." The man says.

Should I trust him? What if he is a fraud? 

"Relax ma'am I'm so fraud be sure of that and if I would have never been get access to here." He chuckles. "And even after that you still have doubts, here is my ID." He shows me his ID

Oh God, he heard me. Was I too loud? 

I nod and let him enter and says, "Oh wait! But his study is locked and I don't have the keys."

"No problem, boss gave me the keys already." He shows me the key and head to his study.

He has send Liam, that means he is in his office. Then an idea pops up in my head. I should go with Liam and give him lunch. He hasn't came home and I highly doubt he has eaten a proper meal. After a long requesting Liam finally agrees to take me with him.