Chapter 19...I'm coming for you...my friend

Nicklaus's POV

I feel gentle strokes to my hair. I snug more towards the origin of the stroking. 

"Wakie wakie baby, the sun has already been up honey." I hear a masculine voice trying to mimicry an annoying female tone. 

Being irking I sit up with a strong hangover. Rubbing my temples I yawn and stretch my arms, when I hear someone chuckling.

"Alex! What the hell you're doing?" I pretty surprised to see him in my room.

"Don't you think, it's me who should be asking you this that why are you still in bed. You never slept this long." 

Upon Alex's interrogation, the memory of last night flashes into my mind. I was drinking when Christina came, me choking her then I asked her to stay, and I slept on her fucking lap. What the fuck was wrong with me last night!

"What's the time?" I ask.

"It's 9:35 am Sir. What happened to you boy? Did you worn yourself out in Christina's arms last night?" He says smirking.

Rolling my eyes, I smack his biceps. 

"Ouch! What was that for?" He asks rubbing his bicep.

"That was for you stupid statement. And I was too much drunk so I slept late." I justify myself.

"Dude I've known you since forever and no matter how much drunk are you, you never slept so peacefully before and always wakes up before sun rise." He gives his counter statement.

"Alex stop being ridiculous and then you're always since your birth, but go and get yourself to do something useful. Go to my study and you would find the file you're here for." 

Saying that I enter the washroom. As the water hits my body I begin to think about Alex's words.

He is right I never slept this long after my parents death. Then why today?

Is it because of Christina?

Before futile thoughts gets me into its grasp I clear my head and decide not to think about it any further. 

Getting dressed, Alex and I head towards the kitchen. Christina has already prepared the breakfast and serving it on the table. We sit down and Christina begin to serve us. All this time her eyes are avoiding to look at me as if she is intentionally ignoring my presence.

Alex digs into the food and compliments her skills. Indeed the breakfast is delicious but I choose to keep silent. She then brings us coffee. She makes the coffee as per my liking. So she is a quick learner. 

"So Christina tell me is Nick giving you a hard time?" Alex asks to Christina while I'm taking slips of the coffee.

Christina's reply almost make me split my coffee out. She doesn't know my first name. Is she for real? Being much embarrassed which her clearly reflecting, she leaves the kitchen.

"Dude! She didn't even know your name! Are you kidding me?" Alex scoffs.

I just roll my eyes for the twelfth time now.

"Nick be serious, why did you marry her? It's not because of that day's incident, there is something beyond this I'm sure you're not telling me the entire story." Alex suspects.

"Relax buddy, you don't need to think about it and pressuring your tiny useless brain." I mock him. 

He sighs and says patting on my back, "Whatever you're doing or planning to do, think about it again, or you may regret it later and it will too late to mend things up."