Chapter 25...The miseries begin

Christina's POV

The way he welcomes me, it feels like the devil itself is welcoming his prisoner in the hell for the torture to begin. The goosebumps are crawling up in my whole body and the shiver that I'm experiencing now is much chiller than in the winter. 

The hall is entirely in the gasp of the black out, only the place where he's sitting is lighten by the single floor lamp. The environment yells at me to run away but I'm glued on my place. He stands up and dangerously marches forward. With his every closing step, my breath lessen - the air is suffocating me. 

He finally stands tall in front of me and the intensity in his eyes will burn me anytime now. The blank face isn't hinting anything that is going on in his mind right now. He leans closer making me completely forget to suck air in me to stay alive. He cares my right cheek with the back of his finger and his hot breath is fanning my cold face. In fear I shut my eyes, but I can't move an inch.

"You know, I thought you're different, that you're innocent, for once believe for once in my life I had doubts on my own decisions and let my guard down." He mumbles softly. 

I open my eyes and see his gazing is holing into my soul. There is so much his eyes want to express but his mouth won't produce a single word of it. My eyes are begging him to tell me everything that he is hiding from the world. Unknowingly a drop of tears skip my eyes.

"Tears!" He wipes it and let out a dry laugh, "These crocodile tears can't affect me love, I did the mistake already but can't do it again. I let my guards down and you came setting out a war at me. But let me tell you that this King will erase your whole existence." 

"What have I done? Why are you behaving like this?" I protest as I fail to comprehend what he's talking about.

"Playing the naive now, are we?" He devilishly laugh. "So tell me how much you gained by selling the files to Cisco Arthur? A million?

"What are you talking about? What files?" Now I'm puzzled.

"Oh no money then. Well then let me rephrase my question- what do you gain by selling the files to Cisco Arthur? He really did a good job at warming your bed, didn't he? You enjoyed him being inside your wet pussy?"  His words disgusts me.

And I did something I wasn't myself aware of - I slap him right across his face. 

"You're the cheapest man I ever come across. How can you think so low of me ? I'm your wife damn it. You hate me I get it but don't question on my character, I've been nothing but loyal to you. It's you who cheats here, Mr. Salvator." I snap back. "And I really don't have any idea what you're talking about. I haven't sold anything to anyone." 

"HOW DARE YOU SLAP ME AGAIN YOU FUCKING SLUT!" He shouts on my face. "You think I'm making up cock and bull story. Then how can you explain this, huh?" 

Handing a photograph on my hand he asks. I take a closer look at the photograph - it's me handing a file to the man with I bump into that day in front of the shop. What's exactly going on is beyond my understanding now. I've to clear the confusion or it will get worsen.

"It's not what it looks like, I can explain. Please hear me  out first." I plead.

"ENOUGH" He barks. "Enough of your melodrama, you've already proven you're no differ than your fucking backstabbing father. You're a bitch and now I'll show the consequences of your actions." He yanks my hair and drags me upstairs defying my every cry.

He opens my room's door and pushes me inside the washroom. Turning on the cold shower, he makes me stand under it. 

"You stand here until I say so. If you move even an inch from here I'll make you forget how to walk again. Understand?" He says holding an authoritative tone.