Chapter 16...Please stay

THANK YOU moonchild80 FOR READING. AND PLEASE GUYS CHECK OUT HER STORIES TOO. THEY ARE AMAZING.mention a user

Christina's POV

Gather all my courage I knock at his door. Once, twice and getting no response I enter the lion's den. His room is entirely blanketed with darkness, only a little moonlight that is coming from his open balcony is blessing his room. I left the door of his room slightly open and start to take baby steps towards him. I see him seating near his coffee table, holding a glass.

Is he drinking? I shouldn't have come, but there is no going back because I've already enter and I feel like there is no exist. Slowly I sit in front of him on the floor on my knees and ask, "A-are you o-kay?" God why I always stutter whenever I talk to him.

He is facing the other side, hearing me he looks at me with a more calmer expression. Even in dark I can clearly see his face, his eyes is searching something, his face is trying to say something, I don't know how long I kept staring at him.

"Christina." He whispers. 

My heart is racing, an unknown fear captures me and I become still

My heart is racing, an unknown fear captures me and I become still. I can't move an inch from where I'm seating. My knees start to ache soon but I don't care because I'm utterly hypnotize my the man seating in front of me. He then slowly begin to cares my left cheek. I can feel his hand as if I know his touch from a century. His hand is rough and hard yet full of warmth. My eyes close themselves by feeling his touch. He must have lean closer as I can feel his warm breath fanning my face. I shiver and can't comprehend what's happening. I want to run away but an invisible rope has tied me in place.

 Everything happens to fast, one moment I'm seating the other moment I'm lying on the ground with my head fall with a great thud while Mr. Salvator choking me to death. My eyes foam tears and fall, my lungs can't inhale any air, yet I remain still.

"It's because of you, you fucking whore. Everything was fine, everything but you've to destroy it. I despise you." He yells.

He leaves my neck and grabs my hair tightly to make me stand. What is it with him pulling my hair? He pushes to the nearest wall and my back hit it hard. I hiss in pain.

"Why it's me? WHY!!!" He screams at the top of lungs and punches the wall. 

I remain quiet the whole time. Inside I'm dying with the fear but I fail to express it. He gradually bows his head down at the crook of my neck and mumble something which I can't quite understand. 

Should I console him? 

Are you mad? Are you planning to die tonight? My inner voice scolds. 

But I'm his wife now by choice or without I vowed to comfort him in distress. I'm just doing my duty. I try to convince myself. After battling with myself, I hug him and murmur softly some comforting words. With my surprise, his heavy breathe calm down but his head is still at my neck as if inhaling my smell.

I slightly push him and I see his eyes are now much soften. Gulping down I drag him to the bed and make him lie down. I cover him with the blanket and the whole time he stares blankly at me as if trying to comprehend something. I'm about to leave, when he holds my wrist and mumbles, "Pl-please stay." 

My throbbing heart starts to pounding harder, my lungs stop to breath. I slowly climb on the bed and seat beside him. He comes closer and put his head on my lap and sleeps like a baby. I don't know what got me but I begin stroking his hair gently. 

Tomorrow I'll surely die, after all I've invited my own death a while ago

Tomorrow I'll surely die, after all I've invited my own death a while ago. Today I realize that no matter how much I'm scared of him, I've started to care about him. I know I sound pathetic I've been married to him just the day before yesterday and begin to care about the monster who ruins me. May be it's because of the vows I took, I really respect this bond even if it's forced. 

But somewhere I know, I can feel it there is something more beyond this and I need to find out. Thinking all these makes me drowsy and I fall asleep.

____________________________________________

Omg they finally came a little close. What do you think about Christina? Is she begin navie? And what about Nicklaus? How will he react the next morning? To know more stay tuned.

Don't forget to vote, share and comment. Thank you.💝