His darken, umber orbs bulging out of their sockets. The veins on his temple popping out, ready to burst.

He was suffocating and yet he continued to cry out. A sound devoid of any emotion but undiluted, unimaginable pain; ripping from the pit of his stomach.

I moved my hands to grab his sweaty face.
"Kai breathe! Please! Calm down Kai!"
I begged, gently moving his head to face me.

His eyes finally fixated on mine.

His panting starting to decrease.

I nodded, gesturing him to continue.
"That's right, exhale slowly."
Waves of relief washed over me momentarily.

Just as he was about to exhale, he howled in pain once again. Sucking in air with his eyes screwed shut. His back was arching, lifting up his whole body as though he was being possessed.

And that's when his eyes opened and he began gasping and choking for air once more.

His eyes.

They flashed in a hungry crimson; beaming brick red radiated from his eyes

They flashed in a hungry crimson; beaming brick red radiated from his eyes. The scarlet light piercing straight through, baring into my own eyes. Melting away any previous emotion of pity into profound fear.

What?

I quickly jumped off of him, my hands jerking away from his face and I staggered backwards.

"Kai- you.. your eyes.." I stuttered, my breath caught in my throat.

Before my mind can catch up with my body, it was racing, desperately searching for a logical explanation to comfort the terror assaulting my sanity.

"Annie.." he finally wheezed. One hand on his throat and the other reaching out for me. His tired eyes were drooping, covering his devil orbs, searching some sort of comfort as they land on mine. Sweat still rolled off his face; he looked defeated. A heated tangled heap of limbs before me.

I shook my head. A lump forming in the back of my throat.

An overwhelming wave of disappointment, disgust and fear rushed over me. Flooding me. The dark ocean of my thoughts was consuming me tumultuously; frothing and pounding against the shore.

I took in shaky breaths, composing myself....

Before gritting my teeth, and clenching my jaw. Rage spread across my mind like an uncontrollable force, engulfing any other emotion present. Seeping through my veins, my blood boiling as it course through my whole body.

"You." I scowled lividly.
"You're a FUCKING VAMPIRE!" I could feel my dry throat stinging after every word.
"A NEWBORN?"

I was blinded with rage and yet tears presaged to spill, pricking my eyes. My words were coated with venom as I watched Kai struggling to piece his words, pulling himself up to a comfortable position.

"Annie please, I-"

"Anastasia."

I looked back to where the third voice came from. Following the voice, I see Father standing tall behind me by the stairway.

An emotionless expression etched on his face as he stared directly at me. His intense stare moved to Kai, then back at me.

"We need to talk." He said monotonously.

Can he not see Kai?

Wait.. did he know?

So many questions rushed through my mind like a tidal wave, my breathing sharp and uneven.

And a tear finally breaking free from my eyes.

OKAY SO THIS WAS JUST OVER 1000 WORDS

DONT COMPLAIN!

I wanted to do shorter chapters so you guys won't be bored in the middle of it,

Should I do the same with the first chapter cuz that was like over 6000 words?????? Let me know!!

BTW I really enjoyed writing this chapter.. BOMBSHELL AHHAAHAHAH

Point out errors and anything that made no sense so I can edit

Be sure to VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE