Book 1: Chapter 2

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Um miss, do you know where I could find Ollivander's?"

"Of course, take a left and straight on to a corner," she instructed. As Finley thanked her she went on her way to where she instructed her to. And true enough there it was, Ollivander's wand shop.

She entered it with slight caution, the smell of the place smelled like wood and bits of lavender. Stacks of wand boxes could be seen up towards the back of the shop. She made her way towards the counter and rang the bell, the bell itself echoed.

"Good day young lady," a old man said emerging from the back of the store. Finley politely smiled at him, "I was looking for a wand sir."

"Ah yes, a young one for Hogwarts is it?"

"Yes."

He fumbled towards a shelf of blueish boxes and got one from it, placing it on the counter he took out a greenish wand. "12 inch Vine wood and Unicorn hair core," he said handing it to me.

With caution, Finley swished it and it didn't seem right, it was uncomfortable for it was thick on the hilt. "It doesn't feel right," She sadly explained to him placing the wand back in the box.

"Hm, right you are."

He ventured back towards the shelves and brought out a greenish box, there he opened it revealing a reddish wand. "Adler wood and Phoenix tail feather core, I hope that this would be a fit," he smiled.

"I hope it is too," She muttered under her breath. Holding the wand in her hand it felt heavy and much too thin, with a small swished it and to the young witch's surprise it destroyed a small stack of boxes. "I hope that I don't have to pay for that," She paled.

Mr. Ollivander laughed at my remark taking the wand from her hand. "It's no problem, it happens all the time."

He went farther back into the shop as Finley waited by the counter fumbling on the buttons of her coat, agitated to find her wand today and hoped that this shop has it.

Not a moment too soon, Mr. Ollivander emerged from the back carrying a dark purple box. He placed it on the counter revealing a black wand with specks of purple, She held it with her dominant hand. To say that she was not pleased with its weight and width on the hilt, she would be lying. It was also beautiful with a small gem on the holder, it was amazing to look at.

"A thirteen inch yew wood, Dragon heart string core with purple diamond on the hilt."

The young girl stood mesmerised at her new wand, its slim and light. She swished it and it gave her a satisfying breeze. "How much is it Mr. Ollivander?"

After paying for the wand, she left with an enormous grin on her face as she made her way towards Zonkos where Ms. Thorns was waiting.

There she stood with bags on her hands and a cauldron on her pinky finger hanging, Finley rushed towards her taking away the cauldron and a few more things. "Thank you love," she sighed in relief.

"I got my wand," She excitedly told her. Her smile grew wider to hear my news.

"That's wonderful!" She exclaimed as she couldn't stop smiling.

They shopped for a whole day, before they went home Ms. Thorn insisted that they should go by the companion shop for Finley's pet.

As they entered Finley saw various owls and toads and few breeds of cats in the back.

"Yes love pick which ever you like," Ms. Thorn said placing a hand on her shoulder.

Finley wandered all around the area, from Barn owls, bull frogs and Tabby cats. All looked as wonderful as the next, she couldn't seem to choose from which ever. Ms Thorn must've seen the girl's dilemma that she squeezed her shoulder in comfort.

"How about a cat," she whispered into her ear. Finley's eyes instantly darted towards a black and white kitten with green eyes, it was beautiful. He was rather large for a kitten but it didn't bother her at all, he was staring at her in the eyes and it was amazing.

"Miss how about this one?" Ms Thorns said calling for a clerk.

"A Norwegian Forest, large cats and very vicious," the woman said shaking her head. "I'll take him."

The clerk widened her eyes, "Love are you sure? You can have a Persian if you want a fluffy cat-"

"Yes I want this one please," Finley insisted. Defeated the clerk went along and sold the girl the feline, opening the cage she held him in her arms as it started to purr.

"Will you look at that, it took us a month to stop it from going berserk. It likes you," the clerk said in disbelief.

The girl smiled at the thought, she didn't choose this cat because it chose her to say the least.

They left Diagon Alley with her things and her cat, they decided to eat at a small muggle dinner. Ms. Thorns obsess on muggle food as much as a Weasley obsesses over their things.

"Are you excited to start the term Finney?"

"Yes I am, I already made a friend."

"Did you now?" She was intrigued at the news of a new found friend before the girl even went to Hogwarts. "She's a muggle born named Hermione."

"A lovely name that is," she said as they began eating their food.

"I'll be back next week to give you your train ticket, I'm sorry if I can't see you off to Hogwarts," she said as they arrived home.

"It's fine Ms. Thorn," She gave the girl a hug and a kiss as she left. Locking the door and went towards her bedroom to pack her things for Hogwarts. She heard a meow on my bed and saw that the cat who has remained un named looking at her.

"Haven't named you yet huh?"

She petted him as he cuddled himself onto his new owner's hand even further, "Perhaps I would name you Cassian now or change it if you don't like it."

He purred, guessing that the feline did like the name Cassian.

She got herself ready for bed and slept, wishing the days run by until the day she get on the train for Hogwarts.