** Chapter 28: "SACRIFICE" (Part1) **

In the days that followed, Rain continued his chemotherapy sessions

In the days that followed, Rain continued his chemotherapy sessions. His skin was returning to its previous complexion, and he was able to sit by himself. He was also staring to gain weight because he had the appetite to eat again.

His doctor advised him to attend aerobic exercise classes to regain his strength and meditation classes to relieve his anxiety and depression.

He followed all that up so he could prepare for his return. With each passing day, he could no longer hide his longing to see Leina again. He always called her night and day to keep himself motivated.

In the next morning, he told Tessa to setup the television near his bed. When she's done, he gave her a few cash and told her to take a break during the day and come back in the evening.

"Are you sure? Your dad might get mad at me if I leave you alone?" she said.

"Don't worry. I'll tell him. I'm sure dad won't refuse if I say so." he replied.

"All right, imma do girly shoppin' then." she told him, smirking.

"Enjoy, no need to hurry." he replied.

She chuckled. "Enjoy yourself too"

He chuckled guiltily.

When she left the room, he grabbed his phone and called Leina. She answered right away and appeared on the screen.

Her: “Hi”

Him: “Hi, are you about to sleep?”

Her: “No, I was waiting for you to call.”

Him: “How’s your day?”

Her: “It’s fine. One more week and school is over. I’ve done pretty much everything I need to do.”

Him: “That’s good. Two more weeks and I’ll be home.” (excited)

Her: “Yeah, our friends are starting to prepare for your homecoming party.”

Him: (smiled) “Would you do me a favor before you go to sleep?”

Her: “Sure”

Him: “Can you take off your shirt?” (smiling)

She giggled.

Him: “Please… I’m about to go crazy here because something is missing in my system.” (desperate)