** Chapter 8: "CONFESSION" (Part2) **

The next day, Rain did not see Leina at school

The next day, Rain did not see Leina at school. He tried to find her in their classroom, in the cafeteria, and on the outdoor courts, but he did not see even a glimpse of her. He guessed she was avoiding him.

Before their first afternoon class started, Raphael noticed the heavy look on his face. "Let me guess... She said no?" he asked, smirking.

Rain sighed. "It's over before it even started."

"You're the subject of gossip today. Based on what I heard, it seems like a wild goose chase." he speculated, then he leaned against his chair. "What's really happening?" he asked in a concerned tone.

It took Rain a while before he answered. "Julia came here yesterday and begged for my attention. She even stripped off in front of me. (paused) Then, Leina came and saw us. (winced) She got really mad. She doesn't want to see me anymore. (sighed) I feel like... all the stupid things I've done in the past are haunting me now." he said in a heavy and regretful tone.

"Julia? The bartender from Lulutel?" Raphael remembered, uncertain.

Rain nodded heavily.

Raphael cringed. "Guess that's really bad."

"I don't know what to do. I bet Leina is now thinking I'm the worst guy in the world." he said in a subdued tone.

"If you want my opinion, I suggest you start fresh. If you're really serious about her, then first, you have to settle all your unfinished relationships with other girls. In that way, you'll be free to take any action on her." Raphael suggested.

"Even if I do that, I'm no longer sure if I can still erase my bad image in her mind. The last time we talked, I really felt how much she hates me." he told him.

Raphael sighed. "She really got you so badly, huh?"

Rain stared at his table. "Can't explain it either... I feel different with her."

~~~~■◇■~~~~

"Did something happen between you and Rain?" Olivia asked when she noticed her friend was unusually quiet.

"Nothing" she answered in a lazy tone, squeezing a pillow in her arms.

"I know when you're lying to me, Leina. You're avoiding him, aren't you?" Olivia asked suspiciously.

"I just realized we're not compatible... We're not good together." she reasoned.

Olivia furrowed her forehead. "Did he do something bad to you?" she asked in a concerned tone.