** Chapter 4: "CURIOSITY" (Part2) **

The next day, Olivia saw Rain with his friends in the cafeteria

The next day, Olivia saw Rain with his friends in the cafeteria. She summoned up her courage and approached them.

"Excuse me" she said when she got near their table.

Rain looked at her.

"Got a minute?" she asked, looking at him.

"Yeah" he answered, nodding.

She took him to an empty spot. "What do you want from Leina?" she asked directly.

"I just want to be her friend." he answered.

"Really? Why her? I remember not long ago you were so mad at her because she hurt you. Now, you want to be her friend? (paused) Look... If this is only part of your plan to make her pay for what she did to you, please... don't do it... I beg you." she replied earnestly.

He felt bad and guilty after he heard that. "I know what I did to you was unforgivable, and I will not lie I really got mad at her after that night... but I later discovered she's not what I thought she was... I'm not playing around with her. I'm serious about my good intention." he said in a sincere tone.

She observed him for a while before she spoke again. "Leina is a very important person to me. If you make her cry... I will never forgive you." she told him, looking straight at his face.

He could see she was serious from the way she looked at him. "That will never happen." he replied calmly. 

~~~~~■◇■~~~~~

On Saturday, Leina went to her friend's house.

"Where do you plan to go with him?" Olivia asked.

"I don't know." Leina answered, showing a feeling of no interest. "What if I tell him I'm sick? Do you think he'll buy it?" she asked.

"If you tell him that, he might visit you at your house." Olivia answered.

"Shit, you're right. That will make things worse. I can't let mom know about him." she replied in an alarmed tone.

"Why don't you give him a chance?" Olivia suggested.

She thought going out with a guy might help her friend learn how to open her heart. After all, she saw Rain's sincerity when she confronted him.

"You know him, Liv. You know what kind of guy he is." she reminded her.

"Yes, but you know... people can change." Olivia replied.