** Chapter 22: "STAR" (Part1) **

At school, Leina told Olivia about her plan

“Really? ...Oh my god, that will be super awesome.” she reacted.

“I know, and I’m very excited. He doesn’t know yet. I will surprise him.”
Leina replied in an excited tone.

“Damn it. I want to watch him too, but I’m so broke right now. Sky’s concert tickets are pretty expensive. You're very lucky he's your friend.” she said, feeling very envious.

“I'll record him using my phone, then I'll send it to you.” Leina replied.

Olivia smiled at her. “Your effort as a girlfriend is more than I expected.” she teased, but in a serious tone.

Leina scoffed. "Then, he's very lucky."

Olivia chuckled. "He sure is."

~~~~~~■◇■~~~~~~

After classes, Leina requested Rain to come with her to visit her father.

“Sure. I want to meet him.” he agreed willingly.

“Yeah, I promised him I would take you there with me.” she replied.

“Okay, let’s go there.” he said.

Mr. Simon drove them to Dallas-Fort Worth National cemetery. There, Leina put the flowers she bought below her father’s gravestone.

Her: “Hi dad. Sorry if it took a while before I visited you here again. I got you your favorite flowers, and… I’m with someone today. You probably thought I would never have a boyfriend. Well, I have one now, and he's right here with me.”

Rain smiled as he was listening to her. He came closer to her and put his arm around her shoulders.

Him: “Hi, Mr. Carter. I’m Rain Stevens. I’m your daughter’s boyfriend. Don’t worry about her. I’ll take care of her while I’m still here.”

Leina was looking at him as he was talking. He looked back at her and smiled.

“I’m sure dad will like you.” she told him.

He smiled again, then he bent down and kissed her forehead.

She looked back at her father's gravestone. “Dad? Can you please talk to God for us? Tell Him… Tell Him to let me be with my boyfriend longer.”

Rain stared at her as she was talking to her dad. He smiled again as he was silently wishing for the same thing.

When they got back into the car, her phone vibrated. She took it from her pocket and opened the message. It was from her mom.

- Your grandma is looking for u. visit her if u are not busy ~

After she read it, she looked at Rain.