** Chapter 20: "BODY" (Part1) **

In the evening, Leina helped Rain with his food

In the evening, Leina helped Rain with his food. He struggled to eat because he had trouble swallowing and had no appetite, but she still convinced him to take a few bites because he hadn’t properly eaten for almost three days.

“How does it taste?” she asked, wiping the side of his mouth with a napkin.

“Can't taste anything.” he answered in a subdued tone.

“It’s because of your medication. It will give you a temporary impaired taste.” she told him.

“The drugs they give me taste horrible. Even if they inject them under my skin, I can still taste them.” he complained.

“I remember when I was a kid. I got this flu, a very bad flu. Mom showed me two small tablets and told me I had to swallow them. I refused. I knew they were medicines, and they don’t taste good, and then…” She paused and held back her laughter.

“And then what?” he asked, chuckling.

“Mom took my fishbowl and grabbed my pet fish out of the water. Then, she told me she would feed my fish the tablets if I didn't take them. (chuckled) I was petrified, so I took them, and then I slept next to my fish. I was so worried mom might cook her.” she recalled.

He was chortling as he was listening to her. “You sure loved that fish, huh?”

“Yeah, I did.” she replied.

As they were talking, someone knocked on the door, then it opened. Mrs. Stevens entered the room and put her bag on the table. “Did I disturb you?” she asked.

“No, we’re just talking about funny memories.” Leina answered.

Mrs. Stevens approached them. “How are you, sweetie?”

“I feel much better now.” he answered.

“That's great." She brushed his hair with her fingers. "Your uncle told me if you continue to improve until tomorrow, he can send you home.” she told him.

He and Leina smiled at each other.

“Is he eating well?” she asked her.

“Yeah, he's a big baby, but I can handle him.” she answered.

Rain chuckled, guilty.