** Chapter 24: "FOREVER" (Part1) **

In just a month in the hospital, Rain's body drained rapidly

In just a month in the hospital, Rain's body drained rapidly. Leina noticed it. His broad shoulders and brawny arms were gone, but her love for him did not weaken. In the afternoon, she joined him in his bed.

"I'm thinner than you." he said, looking at his hand.

"You're still sexy to me." she replied.

He stared into space for a moment, then he sighed audibly. "Can we be honest with each other for a moment?" he asked.

She looked at him. "Why? What is it?" she asked in a bothered tone.

He looked back at her. "We both know... I will die soon." he said softly.

Her expression changed quickly after she heard those words she was still afraid to hear.

"When that happens... I want you to carry on a normal life... Find someone who will replace me. I don't want you to be alone... Marry a decent and kind guy, and build your own family... You have to forget me after I died." he told her in a heavy, but serious voice.

"Will that make you happy?" she asked in a low tone.

"No... but you will." he answered.

She rolled on her side and clung to his arm. "Before I agree with your request, I want you to promise me something first... Promise me... that after this life... wherever you go... you'll wait for me... I'll see you again." she told him softly, holding back her tears.

He smiled and held her hand. "I'll wait for you. I promise."

She smiled too. Then, she leaned on his shoulder and closed her eyes.

~~~~~~■◇■~~~~~~

The next day at school, Olivia noticed Leina was always staring vacantly and seemed absentminded.

"Hey, what are you thinking?" she asked her.

"I want to do something." Leina replied without looking.

"Do what? Maybe I can help you." she offered.

Leina looked at her. "I want to... to be Rain's wife before he goes."

Olivia was surprised, but she could see earnestness and genuine desire in her friend's eyes.

"Well, you're of legal age now. That's not impossible... but how about aunt Millie? Does she already know?" she asked.