39

Dove was in bed curled up in a ball. She's been awake for the past three hours. She just wants to kiss and hold Taehyung. Tell him how much he means to her. How much she loves him, but now she doesn't know how long she has to wait till he'll wake up...or if he'll ever wake up.

She dragged herself out of bed and walked into the bathroom. Her stomach instantly started to turn and she vomited in the toilet. She was an emotional wreck and her stomach was killing her ontop of that. She had no one with her, no one to hold her hair up, no one to hold her at night, no one to wake up to in the morning. She's unhappy and scared to be alone.

The one man she was going to reunite with was snatched away and now he's in a coma. Her parents are both dead, at times like these you really need your mother. She needs hers but she's not here anymore. She misses her so much and to be with her again will mean the world, but sometimes life is tougher for others and you have to fight through it to see the light.

Dove sat up from the toilet and wiped her mouth over with tissue. She stood up and stumbled to the sink to clean up and brush her teeth. She caught her reflection in the mirror and her shaky hand wiped her tears away. Nothing will be the same anymore, she won't be the same, mentally.

There was a sharp pain in her stomach and she winced, she hasn't eaten all day neither have the babies.

Dove finished in the bathroom and made her way to the kitchen. There was leftover rice and peas, oxtail and chicken Jade made for her two days ago. She hadn't touched it since, but she needed to eat something to keep her children alive.

She dished herself some food and warmed it up before placing herself at the island and eating. It's pretty lonely for her right now. It's 2 in the morning and she's sure nobody is awake to listen to her crying or her pity story. Dove really wasn't in the right state of mind to be at work, but she had to go if she wanted to see Taehyung.

....
Next Day.

Dove was at work and visiting hours had stared. She had just finished caring for one of her post-operation patients, when she noticed Taehyung's mum and dad in the waiting room with their two other children. They must have flown all the way here from Korea.

There was a big lump in her throat as she gulped. She wanted to avoid them but it wasn't the right thing to do considering the circumstances. They were either in tears or looked distraught. She decided to approach them with caution, not know what their reaction would be.

"M-Mr and Mrs. Kim?" she smiled faintly. Their heads slowly rose and Taehyung's sister instantly hugged her. "A-eun." her brother grumbled. "Thank you for saving my brother." she sobbed. Dove's heart broke seeing the teenage girl in tears. "I-It's no problem...how did you know it was me?" she asked confused.

"J-Jungkook..." Jeom, Taehyung's dad, sniffled. "Will he be okay, please tell us he'll be okay." Channa sobbed.

Dove didn't have an answer because she wasn't sure herself. "...You can see him now." she sighed stroking Aeun's chocolate brown hair. His family gathered their belongings and eagerly followed Dove to Taehyung's room.

She hesitantly opened the door and entered avoiding the obvious body in the room. She heard his mother cry out his in devastation and watched as she hurried to her son's side. Dove shut the door behind her and sighed.

His family gathered by his side and shed more tears seeing him so pale and still. He looked dead, the only thing that gave them hope was the warmth of his skin and the faint breaths that could barely be heard. Channa looked over at Dove and shook her head, "when will my baby wake up?"

A soft sigh left Dove's lips, "We don't know...it really depends on him."

"B-But when he does, will everything be okay. Will he remember us, will he have some life long condition or what?" she sniffed.

"T-There is a possibility he'll suffer from a-arrhythmia, an irregular heartbeat. Or he could suffer from dilated cardiomyopathy a, weak swollen heart, s-so he could faint anytime his heart rate will increase faster than usual...but we can't be sure. He's only been here for two days." Dove sighed softly staring at her ex. She started to become emotional and wiped away her tears.

Jeom smiled faintly and pulled his former daughter-in-law into a tight hug. "He told me how much he loves you...he used to tell me everyday." He chuckled patting her head. "He also told me how horrible he was to you and that he'd never forgive himself for putting you through that, but he wants to love you so much and spoil you rotten, so hopefully he will be able to forgive himself in the future."

"I love him too..." she sniffed. "I know you do, or you wouldn't be shaking." he chuckled softly handing her some tissue. "Thank you." she croaked.

"You know that even though you're divorced you'll always be apart of this family. No matter what, you've made him so happy and you saved my son's life and mine."

Dove smiled softly and nodded, "Thank you."

Channa went to hug Dove and held her tightly, "We don't know what we would have done without you. Thank you so much Dove." She sniffed kissing her head.

Dove was contemplating on telling Tae's mother about the babies. It would be a spirit lifting thing, it would be their first grandchildren. She knows how happy they'd be and they need some hope at this moment in time. "C-Channa can we talk somewhere?"

"Of course sweetheart." She took my hand and we walked outside of the room. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Well...you know I don't have a mother so you're the closest thing to a mother figure I have. Right now I need some advice and a mother figure to talk to because I have no experience in this."

Channa frowned softly and took Dove's hands. "What are you talking about sweetie?"

"I don't want to take away from your grieving but I want you to look forward to something as well. I wasn't going to tell anyone but most people know already now, they can see it."

"What is it Dove, you're making me anxious." Channa giggled. "A few months ago, the day the divorced was finalised. Taehyung and I didn't want to say goodbye, so we spent one more night together...and now I'm having his twins."